2005 Hungarian Grand Prix

Man of Honour
OP
Thats a shock...

57% think that Button is right to want to stay at BAR after he signed a contact saying that he'll be at Williams in 2006

43% say he should honour the contract..

:eek:
:eek:

Man of Honour
So 57% of those who responded don't believe a contract is worth anything. No wonder this country is in the state it is.

If you sign a contract you live with the consequences. If the decision doesn't look as good later on, tough, deal with it.

Soldato
rpstewart said:
So 57% of those who responded don't believe a contract is worth anything. No wonder this country is in the state it is.

If you sign a contract you live with the consequences. If the decision doesn't look as good later on, tough, deal with it.
Excactly, first he wants to go to Williams but has to drive for BAR and now he must go to Williams and he wants to stay with BAR :confused: :(

Associate
Just watched a recording before I came on here (had to visit me mother-in-law in Salisbury, so I've driven more miles than the GP drivers today :) )

When are we going to see proper overtaking again?

Kimi was 2.5s a lap faster than my least favourite German driver, but he couldn't get close enough to pass on the track. :eek:

:rolleyes: at Mad Maxes regulations.

I thought it was supposed to be motor RACING, not a parade of techno-toys :(

Gotta feel sorry for DC and Klien, though.

Alan Woodford

Soldato
Gojira said:
Kimi was 2.5s a lap faster than my least favourite German driver, but he couldn't get close enough to pass on the track. :eek:
Yes, it was very bad this weekend, I was amazed at the gap Kimi was able to get after being in 1st place, but he had a lighter fuel load as well as he was on a 3-stop strategy but even so, what a bad track :(

Soldato
Gojira said:
Whatever gives you that idea? :p

Roll on 2007, when the World Science Fiction Convention is in Yokohama, and I've already got my membership! :D

Alan Woodford

we will have to have a chat on msn/windows messenger, i got all the dvds :D rraarrkkkk

Man of Honour
OP
News....

Looks like it's been confirmed with one comment by Peter Sauber...

Sauber sad to see Massa go

Peter Sauber pulled the cat from the bag when he said it is now 'too late' for BMW to retain Felipe Massa for next year. The Swiss boss, therefore, all but confirmed the young Brazilian's 2006 departure to Ferrari, to replace a BAR-Honda bound Rubens Barrichello.

Departing principal Sauber told Gazzetta dello Sport that he would have signed the promising 24-year-old for 2006. He added: ''But it's too late now.''

Also tellingly, Massa didn't go out of his way to deny that he looks likely to become Michael Schumacher's new teammate at the Prancing Horse. "It wouldn't be a problem," he told the paper. "If I beat him, then it would mean I'm on my way to (becoming) a champion."

Felipe did, though, admit to some surprise that Peter Sauber let the bombshell slip. "I don't think he said that," he added, "because I am still talking with BMW. I think (going to Ferrari) can be a possibility but it's too early."

Man of Honour
OP
Also...Tobacco advertising law clarified...after the race. :rolleyes:

News

01 August 2005
British government clarifies tobacco sponsorship law

Finally, F1's tobacco backed teams based in Britain have their piece of paper from the government. Sport minister Richard Caborn wrote to FIA president Max Mosley with the news that Renault, BAR, McLaren and Jordan can continue to wear cigarette liveries outside of Europe without fear of criminal action.

It might not, though, matter to Jordan. It is believed that Sunday's Hungarian grand prix was B&H and Sobranie owner Gallaher's last F1 event.

And it definitely doesn't matter to McLaren. On Sunday in Hungary, all West stickers removed after a nine year partnership, new - but small - 'Johnnie Walker' decals were unveiled.

Ron Dennis, though, insisted that the $26m deal is not for title sponsorship. The front and rear wings remain logo-free. "We are in the position where we have six months plus to prepare," the Woking chief said. "We would prefer to launch our title sponsorship prior to the first race of 2006 but it's still under consideration."

Back
Top Bottom