2005 United States Grand Prix

Soldato
Joe T said:
Ferrari have done nothing wrong. They never said a chicane couldnt be built. They just said it was down to the FIA.

What I was going to say.

This is going to be a mess but they could never have put the chicane in. Wasn't there an incident last season involving a defect in Bridgestone tyres and Michelen didn't 'play ball' so to speak?

Putting any blame at the feet of the teams and drivers currently racing would be ridiculous as they have done absolutely nothing wrong.

Soldato
Being that its America, do members of the crowd sue, do the companies with TV rights sue, do the sponser sue for lack of air time on said tv. This really could ruin F1.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Well after all these years thats the last time i take time out to watch F1.
Its a good job i saw the british touring cars earlier at least i've had some Sunday racing.
I cannot take F1 seriously after this fiasco.

Soldato
Sorry but it is ridiculous to lay any blame at the feet of the teams. Ferrari said that the decision is down to the FIA. They didn't come out and say they don't want the chicane etc.

Implementing the chicane would have been digging Michelin out of a very big hole that they have put themselves in.

The only people to blame for the situation is Michelin tyre company.

/EDIT Sorry thats not what you said. I can appreciate that they are not showing the sport complete respect but what are they to do? Minardi and Jordan are racing too, not just Ferrari. Should they have refused to race too? That would have been just as much of a farce.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom