2005 United States Grand Prix

Associate
Over Clocker said:
While this is not Ferrari's fault, it just shows how little they care for the good of the sport.

I don`t agree with this. If the Bridgestones were in the same position as Michelin are, do you think the 7 Michelin teams would give in and allow a chicane or just get on and race with 14 of the 20 cars?

Caporegime
do you think the michelin teams should install a chicane afterwards and have a quick non-championship race? for the crowds sake? if there are any crowd left... :o

i'd be well peed if i'd payed to see this.

edit: they are throwing stuff all over the pit straight now.

Soldato
mmj_uk said:
Barrichello just ran over a bottle of water.

Lmao, It's sad to see that a bottle of water being run over is the main highlight of a Grand Prix :(

I keep getting the feeling that the top guns of F1 are a bunch of stuck up ******** that just don't like using common sense just to get one over on eachother. I actually feel sorry for the fans resorting to throwing stuff all over the track.

:mad:

Man of Honour
stu4691 said:
I don`t agree with this. If the Bridgestones were in the same position as Michelin are, do you think the 7 Michelin teams would give in and allow a chicane or just get on and race with 14 of the 20 cars?

While it shouldn't make a difference, it does make a difference between 6 cars racing and 14 cars.

Flavio has just said all the michellin runners were willing to go out and race under the provisor they get no points at the end, all points go to the bridgestone guys.

Associate
Then why not allow a half hour testing session and delay the race Goreblast? It is also the most techinically rich sport, and they have track simulations for testing all the time, I'm sure they could have sorted out some way for the chicane to be 'safe'.

Soldato
Martin Brundle had the solution, why didn't he mention it yesterday! No points for anyone except the Bridgestone runners in qualy order. Martin Brundle is to blame for this whole fiasco!!! ;)

Soldato
imo there are two people to blame, Michelin for messing up in the biggest possible way, and they will feel it for a while to come...

But also the FIA, it is their job to ensure that the race goes ahead, safely, however that is implemented, if that means a chicane, or changing of tyres then so be it, i would heartily endorse the same changes if it was bridgestone who had messed up, whilst i dislike ferrari, and enjoy seeing them lose, i'd rather they were beaten rather than not even in the race...

This truly is a farce, the tv is off and now i've got ages to wait till Top Gear :( :p

Associate
There will definately not be another USA gp with them throwing stuff onto the track. that helps no-one. At least we know which track we will lose when Bernie adds new venues to the championship.

Back
Top Bottom