2005 United States Grand Prix

Caporegime
KiNgPiN83 said:
How many sets of tyres are they now allowed to use in the race?

none, they use the same tyres from qualifying in all the race too, but are allowed to change tyres for safety reasons (puncture etc).

Soldato
What a pathetic disgrace. I've not watched this sport for ages now due to it being so dull now. Just got a txt from a mate telling me about it, and I'm just shocked. Bernie Ecclestone or Max Mosley is gonna get it after this race. Just pathetic.

Arc

Arc

Associate
//Mike said:
Well, Jordan to lay some of the blame on now...not Ferrari

This is getitng more interesting as time goes on.

By the looks of it the Michelin runners still wanted to score points with the chicane in place, thats why Jordan didnt agree.

Soldato
Frankly i am ashamed to have an affiliation with F1. My father who contributes to Mclarens efforts in the engine department means we are a very Formula1 orientated family with strong support for the sport.

What has happened today has disgraced Formula 1 discrediting it as the number 1 motorsport and seriously damaging its internation reputation. What is even more depressing is that this could not come at a worse location. For 6 years now Formula 1 has been trying to break into America with last year being the biggest success yet. It will be amusing to see next years stands, even more empty than this years i imagine.

As you could probably tell, litigation and legislation drove all of the drivers and interview'ees answers with none able to determine responsibility. Michelin are to blame in my eyes for the product, even though it has been an unforseen circumstance due likely to the nature of the track and the track not being a nominated testing venue for Formula 1.

It would not surprise me if the fans get uglier than throwing bottles, and definitely not long before the race is stopped. This is not racing, this is not exciting or enticing and nothing like the Formula 1 i love. :(

Soldato
KiNgPiN83 said:
Well that new rule certainly made the racing "interesting". :D

What a bunch of plums. Couldnt they have just removed that rule for this race?

Not really they would have used 6-7 sets of tyres which would be silly, also they did not know when the tyres would fail. You also cant cant just change the rules, would cause no end of problems. :)

Associate
cymatty said:
Not really they would have used 6-7 sets of tyres which would be silly, also they did not know when the tyres would fail. You also cant cant just change the rules, would cause no end of problems. :)

I think they have caused more by doing nothing :rolleyes:

Useless bunch of (insert expletive here)

Caporegime
I hope the crowd get the last laugh by invading the track and stopping the race, despite that being very dangerous. :(

Brazil are on channel 5 btw.

Back
Top Bottom