2005 United States Grand Prix

Associate
Because he can't afford to let the Jordans get away from the Minardi's. If Minardi's sponsorship deals are based on where they finsh in the table, then by not running they could potentially go out of F1... again not helping the sport.

Associate
goreblast said:
Im signing off for now - will post the proper results later on.

Are you saying that a second F1 race was held in a different location without anyone knowing???, proper results AAAHAHAHAA, oh sorry i didnt know you were preparing for Magny Cours in two weeks time :p

Man of Honour
//Mike said:
Actually, another point for Dolph. Why is it then that they are always changing the rules at the start of the season, for virtually every sport? It wouldn't be for entertainment value the vast majority of the time would it?

Surely you must agree with the changing of some rules? :)

Because, as someone else has already pointed out, rule changes at the start of the season are communicated well in advance and so on.

This is entirely different to changing the rules or the circuit because one company makes a complete pigs ear of something.

Soldato
aye, TG all the way, although, i wanna see next weeks now.....i wanna hear their comments about it.....as id imagine they could edit some in if they record them even earlier

Man of Honour
//Mike said:
At the end of the day, sport is all about entertainment. You take part for the entertainment, and you watch for the entertainment. Why not change the rules for the sake of entertainment? I'm sure you, the sponsors, the Michelin runners, and maybe the Bridgestone runners would much prefer a full grid.

No, it isn't. Most sport is about competition, about competing to be the best on a given day in a given situation. The way you speak suggests that sport itself exists solely to provide entertainment for those watching, which is so far from the truth it's ridiculous.

I'm sure everyone would have preferred michelin to not have screwed up and to have had a full grid, but that doesn't mean that the rulebook for the rest of the year should be forgotten to accomplish it.

-Dolph

Soldato
I think they should have run on new tires... they would all have broken the rules about changing tires. The stewards and FIA could then decide what to do - after the race they could have disqualified them all.

Permabanned
man one of the worst races i ever watched, michelins fault :/ they've well and truely buggered it up this time i just feel sorry for the americans who paid 85 dollars for tickets let alone accomadation/transport etc.

Associate
Bridgestone got it right, Michelin did not. Why punish the former and the teams that use their tyres? If it had been the other way round, I very much doubt you would have seen the Michelin runners making compromises.

Associate
Dolph said:
The way you speak suggests that sport itself exists solely to provide entertainment for those watching, which is so far from the truth it's ridiculous.

But for this and many other sports to survive they need to have people watching them. Be it through turnstiles or on the television. And if these people are not entertained, they won't watch, which will lead to sponsors pulling out, which will lead to the death of formula 1 as a mainstream sport.

Today was an outrage.

Soldato
sphen said:
Bridgestone got it right, Michelin did not. Why punish the former and the teams that use their tyres? If it had been the other way round, I very much doubt you would have seen the Michelin runners making compromises.

how would the bridgestone runners of been punished?

Associate
Max Mosley and the FIA are a complete bunch of amateur ****wits

I just hope that the teams, drivers and fans do something about it and get rid of the FIA.

Man of Honour
Hinchy55 said:
But for this and many other sports to survive they need to have people watching them. Be it through turnstiles or on the television. And if these people are not entertained, they won't watch, which will lead to sponsors pulling out, which will lead to the death of formula 1 as a mainstream sport.

Today was an outrage.

I agree today was an outrage, but it would have been just as bad, if not worse, if they'd started randomly changing rules because companies involved had disadvantaged their teams (which was ultimately the issue)

If they want to amend the rules to ensure this situation doesn't occur again, I would have no problem with that, in fact I would recommend that is exactly what they do.

Back
Top Bottom