2005 United States Grand Prix

Soldato
mmj_uk said:
he tried the same with Villeneuve in '95 iirc, but it backfired on him that time.

That was '97 at Jerez iirc. One of the few years the circuit was used in F1, i think one of the Spanish or Portuguese tracks were out of action because of repairs.

Look at me talking about F1 like a pro, i'm only 18 but i've been watching F1 since Suzuka '95 :D

Soldato
Dolph said:
I'm trying to work out why some people are saying the rules of a sport should be changed for entertainment purposes......

Ultimately the responsibility for this falls on michelin, not the FIA or anyone else for refusing to change the rules to compensate for michelin's screwup.

If people want a sport where they bend the rules for entertainment purposes, I'll suggest pro-wrestling :)

^^What he said!^^

Although wrestling isnt as good as it used to be. :p :D :o

Associate
Dolph said:
I'm trying to work out why some people are saying the rules of a sport should be changed for entertainment purposes......

Ultimately the responsibility for this falls on michelin, not the FIA or anyone else for refusing to change the rules to compensate for michelin's screwup.

If people want a sport where they bend the rules for entertainment purposes, I'll suggest pro-wrestling :)

At the end of the day, sport is all about entertainment. You take part for the entertainment, and you watch for the entertainment. Why not change the rules for the sake of entertainment? I'm sure you, the sponsors, the Michelin runners, and maybe the Bridgestone runners would much prefer a full grid.

Soldato
Gilly said:
I think you'll find they agreed Bazza had his nose in front.

you mean Ruby Baby...i feel so sorry for him, he always gets the bum deal whenever Michael Schumachers concerned...i can see it now

Ross Braun - "Right the team showers have stopped working in all but one of the abodes, so...Michael 'Sweety' you have the shower"
Michael [****] - "...see you in it later Braunmeister"
Ruby Baby - "...bah...humbug"

As for the Brundle interview with Bernie which i left out, you couldnt really explain the emotion that he was trying to hide. It really looked like Brundle could cry, he does what my mum does when something bad happens....tries to guilt trip the already guilty party with a really heartfelt argument.

Who wants topgear :) say Ayehooo

Soldato
This has been a complete farce, a solution would have been fairly easy to find.

Best one would have been to allow Michellin to fly in thier tyres but make all the teams with those tyres start off with the ones they have there already and then they can pit in to change the tires and the tires only when they deem fit. so basically all micehlin runners incur what would basically be a 10 second stop go penalty. Or just force them to have a 10 second stop go within the first 15 laps and they can start on the good tires.

That way the bridgestone runners do not get penalised for something that is not thier fault. Ferrari have done absolutely nothing wrong, they were in this position last season and were resoundingly told to sod off by the other teams, so they are completely justified in doing the same which they have not actually done, they just left the decision to the FIA.

Soldato
Fact is they didnt have to change any rules at all.

I couldnt agree with rule changing, it just wouldnt be right and would bring up so many other disputes at later points where teams want the rules changing.

As i said before, i dont know what they should have done, but they could have done a great deal of things to keep the race fair, although only one thing would have kept it safer: the chicane. Which is a point no one can argue about as no one has any concrete information.

KiNgPiN83 said:
AYEHOOO!!! :D

i hear ya buddy, i hear ya

Man of Honour
Complaints%20thumbs%20down.jpg

Back
Top Bottom