• Other

Votes: 16 1.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 80 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Wikipedia said:
Osborne has expressed an interest in the ideas of "tax simplification" (including the idea of flat tax). He set up a "Tax Reform Commission" in October 2005 to investigate ideas for how to create a "flatter, simpler" tax system. The system then proposed would reduce the income tax rate to a flat 22%, and increase personal allowance from £4,435 to £10,000-£15,500. The idea of a flat tax is not included in the current Conservative party manifesto.

Interesting considering LD's personal allowance plans.

Soldato
I'm scared TBH :(

Ken Clarke is likely to have a behind-the-scenes overseeing role IMO, it'd be stupid for him not to play mentor. Ken has already said that he'd be happy to assist should the need arise.

70's were fine, got nothing on the 80's. When a whole country comes together against the government you know something wrong has happened. And you just let them back in, well ****ing done.

We just let Thatcher or Major back in? I don't see them on the TV? FFS are you still moaning about a bunch of people that were in power well over a decade a go?

I welcome the coalition - I liked some of the LibDems policies when I read their manifesto - should hopefully get some of the better ones while dumping the more stupid ones from either side.

Last edited:
Permabanned
was mooted by independent think tank that it will be needed 6p on income tax and 20% vat to make any in roads into our debt!

example given was

if you earn 25K you will pay £1100 MORE tax per year!

I can afford that, and don't mind paying it if it sorts the country out*.

* As long as it's not just workers/earners who are hit, I'd expect them to hit the sponging workshy even harder.

Soldato
I can afford that, and don't mind paying it if it sorts the country out*.

* As long as it's not just workers/earners who are hit, I'd expect them to hit the sponging workshy even harder.

those on dole will pay nothing will they with tax hikes

BUT I hope they can clobber them some other way !

Labours easy street is over suckers ! time to get off the sick and get a job!

Soldato
Looks like no further election.

Hearing rumours of a 4 year fixed partnership between the Conservatives and Lib Dems and a 4 year fixed parliament.

I for one welcome our new Con-Dem overlords :/

Back
Top Bottom