2011 Census soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Im surprised this goes on i mean forcing a questionnaire and if you dont you get fined? Not on, imo. Seems illegal somehow. You should never be forced to do anything if you dont want to.

"Goes on" you make it sound like some shady backstreet operation - it's undertaken by the government and has been for the last 200 years.

Associate
Also, I don't see why everyone is suddenly so concerned Lockheed Martin are helping out. They did exactly the same in 2001, and from their press release it looks like all they are doing is handling the automatic character recognition on the forms when they come back (http://www.lockheedmartin.com/news/press_releases/2008/0828_lmuk-2011-census.html).

The majority of the work is still done by our own Office of National Statistics who have a department who's sole job is to manage the census (my wife's Aunt actually works for the department). After this census is over and the data has been analysed, they move straight onto the 2021 census.... Presuming the government don't shut them down as part of their cost cutting!

Associate
Also, I don't see why everyone is suddenly so concerned Lockheed Martin are helping out. They did exactly the same in 2001, and from their press release it looks like all they are doing is handling the automatic character recognition on the forms when they come back (http://www.lockheedmartin.com/news/press_releases/2008/0828_lmuk-2011-census.html).

The majority of the work is still done by our own Office of National Statistics who have a department who's sole job is to manage the census (my wife's Aunt actually works for the department). After this census is over and the data has been analysed, they move straight onto the 2021 census.... Presuming the government don't shut them down as part of their cost cutting!

Was going to ask what Lockheed Martin's involvement was - but that is all?! And people are getting paranoid about this? :confused:

Capita is providing the staff and dealing with all the CRBs of those staff as far as I'm aware. Are people going to be 'protesting' about this?

Caporegime
Just remembered, last time they did the census in 2001 they were closing roads to do the census. Any idea what that was about and are they going to be so stupid again?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;18507660 said:
Of course its not a worthwhile protest.

Just fill it out and bin the sense of overinflated self importance that makes you think you can even begin to understand half the things you whinge incessently about.

Jesus do you ever get laid.

Caporegime
Hikari, dont be such a child by spouting comments like "grow up".

If you like the idea fine but dont force such things on others.

I don't want to pay for fuel, its disgusting that they make me pay.

Stockhausen and rypt, thank you for the lulz.

Jesus do you ever get laid.

Good post bro.

I honestly despair for the future of mankind when filling out a form invokes such stupidity. It honestly feels like millions of half intelligent people will be forced into the sea by swarms of braindead and paranoid idiots soon.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Fwiw I'll be filling out the form and getting on with my life. The only thing that oppresses some people and holds them back is their own stupidity and paranoia.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I would love the SAS to grab people like stockhausen and rypt in helicopters, fly them out over the North Sea and kick them out.

There should be a penalty for such stupidity as displayed by those two - and the penalty should be death.

Soldato
I have to wonder if they actually bother sending it back to you if you fail at answering all the questions/giving sensible answers etc and how many times they'd return it before they gave up... Also I assume you're still allowed to put anything for your 'religion'? What exactly happens if not enough people put the same as you for it to count as an official religion?

Man of Honour
Also I assume you're still allowed to put anything for your 'religion'? What exactly happens if not enough people put the same as you for it to count as an official religion?

I don't know about the first question but here you can presumably put anything for your religion but if there aren't enough people who share your beliefs to classify it as a distinct grouping then you'll just be bundled in with "Religion: Other". Oh and Jedi was not a religion according to the most recent census, irrespective of the ~400k people (from memory) who put it down.

Caporegime
I don't know about the first question but here you can presumably put anything for your religion but if there aren't enough people who share your beliefs to classify it as a distinct grouping then you'll just be bundled in with "Religion: Other". Oh and Jedi was not a religion according to the most recent census, irrespective of the ~400k people (from memory) who put it down.

iirc it got enough people to put it down that it could legally claim to become a religion.

Man of Honour
I would love the SAS to grab people like stockhausen and rypt in helicopters, fly them out over the North Sea and kick them out.

There should be a penalty for such stupidity as displayed by those two - and the penalty should be death.

Why don't you stop holding back and tell us how you really feel :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom