*** 2014/15 Pre-season Friendly Thread ***

Soldato
What a waste of time these pre season games are, started to watch the Real Madrid game, Madrid had Bale and Pepe starting second half Real Madrid C team have rolled out, if they cant be bothered to put out a proper side why bother turning up, its one big con for all the fans.

Soldato
Only just saw this thread :p

Pleased with the Roma game yesterday. Manchester United started pre-season some two weeks before Roma, because the EPL starts 2 weeks before the Serie A. Still, I feel Roma played quite well. There were a number of youngsters playing (Calabresi, Balasa etc.) who realistically will not be close to the first team. Only late in the second half did we see a number of first team players.

I feel Roma were better for the first 30 minutes and the last 20 minutes. I think it was a good game for both teams. I put down the difference in score to the level of preparation (as I said, United are a bit forward in preparation).

Soldato
Forced myself to watch the Arsenal game last night. Needless to say with Rosicky playing as a lone striker we didn't threaten the goal much.

Yeah it was all pretty awful, don't think there is a single thing to be taken from the game.

Actually feel for the fans that paid to go and see it - if we are looking to 'build our brand' in America where we have Henry as an ambassador we really should send out a stronger more prepared team - although I don't know if that is possible in a world cup year.

If you watched it the same way I did - did you hear Alexi Lalas commentating? My god I couldn't put up with that for more than a couple of games.

Soldato
We (Brentford) comfortably beat OGC Nice from France's Ligue 1 yesterday, 3-2. Seeing as they only lost to PSG 2-1 last week, it's a decent result for us and we're looking in good shape for the Championship next season. Might stick a a tenner on us finishing in the play-offs.

Osasuna on Tuesday and then Palace on Saturday before we kick off against Chalrton in two weeks. Very excited.

Goals here. Any Spurs fans might want to watch the two Pritchard goals, the free kick was excellent.

Soldato
Haha yeah Lalas was bad. Like you say nothing to take from the game really. Although, did you see Wilshere get taken out then get straight up again, that was new!

Man of Honour
Chelsea team for NK Olimpija Ljubljana (4-2-3-1): Delac; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Zouma, Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Salah, Boga, Brown; Costa

Subs: Cech, Ivanovic, Ake, Terry, Christensen, Chalobah, Van Ginkel, Romeu, Baker, Swift, Solanke, Bamford, Torres

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Chelsea team for NK Olimpija Ljubljana (4-2-3-1): Delac; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Zouma, Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Salah, Boga, Brown; Costa

Subs: Cech, Ivanovic, Ake, Terry, Christensen, Chalobah, Van Ginkel, Romeu, Baker, Swift, Solanke, Bamford, Torres

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing Cesc and Costa. :)

Back
Top Bottom