*** 2014/15 Pre-season Friendly Thread ***

[TW]Sponge;26632212 said:
Yeah no need for that. Loved it when Kaboul ran over they **** a brick.

Quite impressed with what I saw actually. Some negatives, namely Micheal Dawson, but otherwise pretty good.

Yeah, you need a decent centre back to go with Vert. Not sure if Kaboul/Vlad are good enough long term. Dawson definitely isn't.

Just bought tickets for Liverpool vs Dortmund, should be a good one close to the start of the season.

£25 each in the Kop. Seems pricey to me but hey ho

Good performance from Newcastle last night, and it was an emotional one too, with a tribute to John Alder and Liam Sweeney who died on flight MH17.

Onto the game, De Jong is looking like a great signing. Can't wait to see the full strength team together, hopefully working together quickly too. First time in a long time that I've been confident. Rolando Aarons, a teenager from the academy looked bright and quick, with some nice touches, hopefully he can be developed this season. Colback on a free was great business, he's a simple player that is technically good, just what we need in the centre of the park. Riviere impressed me a lot too, good strength and pace, and keeps the ball well.

Still need a CB and another striker though!

Steve Bates (Sunday People) thinks we're going to line up as follows later:

c7f3GDU.png

So we might be seeing the 5-3-2...

Back
Top Bottom