Man of Honour
Having successfully moved and bought a proper house just before Christmas, next on the agenda is an Audi TTS at some point later this year or the next.
Are you MAD!

When you are ready to buy and assuming your budget allows, got find a previous generation Cayman GTS and drive one. Then go drive a TTS and come back and tell me which you prefer and how you MUST now do what it takes to buy the Cayman, even sell the new house, wife, computer, but WHATEVER IT TAKES to have the Cayman.

Life is FAR too short for a TTS. :D

Man of Honour
Going to do a road trip down to and along the south of France via Route Napoleon and come back via Switzerland. Fancy a big adventure in my car as well as getting some amazing landscape photography in while I'm at it

Soldato
jazz-2.jpg

jazz.jpg

There we go, According to them (Tegiwa) these are the coilovers they use on the street, i ordered these flipping weeks ago !!!!! i also bought Brembo performance discs and performance pads, no need for race calipers unless the engine is tuned up, i love the Michelin tyres and wheels........... really nice quality.

the car still needs a lot of work, the front and rear bumper needs respraying and it's got 2 new doors and a tailgate, so i've been pretty busy..............i might buy another bonnet too.

they sent the wrong bloody rear passenger door, TINTED GLASS !!!.....the window can not be lowered on this door to replace the glass because this is from a different model of Jazz and the electrics dont work on this door, plug is ok though!!! , Honda charge £400 to fix this, ``the window can not be replaced Sir unless i can lower it to 1/2 way and it is a buggar to do, about 4 hours work``.....NO WAY i'll get the other windows tinted instead................£140 at home.

this lot won't be done till late next week..........too cold plus i want to get the windows tinted first......this car has only done 15k miles, it's just as well mom lost her license because it's picked up loads of scratches and small dents.............so this will be a £800 respray.

no point making it faster..........YOU CANT with this engine, you're better off with a K24 swap or another car, the guy whose doing this next week can do the swap easy.............but said you're better off just improving it's handling and tyres etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you MAD!

When you are ready to buy and assuming your budget allows, got find a previous generation Cayman GTS and drive one. Then go drive a TTS and come back and tell me which you prefer and how you MUST now do what it takes to buy the Cayman, even sell the new house, wife, computer, but WHATEVER IT TAKES to have the Cayman.

Life is FAR too short for a TTS. :D

Disagree!!

@Jono8 - If you get a mk2, make sure you give the clutch a good test - 4th gear, from 4-6k rpm with hard boost as they tend to wear quick. Some people have had theirs replaced as little as 20-30k in the mk2 and 15k in the mk3. Belt, waterpump and thermostate need checking as well.

Man of Honour
TTS is a blunt instrument compared to a GTS. That isn't a subjective, it is a fact. TTS might go a bit quicker but GTS is much nicer to drive. Actually, we are talking TTS not TT RS so not even quicker. No...no no no

no

Man of Honour
jazz-2.jpg

jazz.jpg

There we go, According to them (Tegiwa) these are the coilovers they use on the street, i also bought Brembo performance discs and performance pads, no need for race calipers unless the engine is tuned up, i love the Michelin tyres and wheels.

the car still needs a lot of work, the front and rear bumper needs respraying and it's got 2 new doors and a tailgate, so i've been pretty busy.

they sent the wrong bloody rear passenger door, TINTED GLASS !!!.....the window can not be lowered on this door to replace the glass because this is from a different model of Jazz and the electrics dont work on this door, plug is ok though!!! , Honda charge £400 to do fix this.....NO WAY i'll get the other windows tinted instead................

this lot won't be done till late next week..........too cold and i want to get the windows tinted first......this car has only done 15k miles, it's just as well mom lost her license because it's picked up loads of scratches.

no point making it faster..........YOU CANT, you're better off with a K24 swap or another car, the guy whose doing this next week can do the swap easy.............but he just said, you're better off just improving it's handling and tyres etc.
You going to forklift that lot into the skip, or stand and throw?

Soldato
I am more shocked you can get coilovers for a Jazz, I mean you'd never have thought it really.

the Jazz is tuned up quite a lot in Malaysia, and i mean really tuned up, those Coilovers have to be imported for a Jazz they dont keep them in stock here in the U.K.............i've had some very funny and interesting phone calls for sure, i think i'm the only idiot here in the U.K that's doing this............i'm enjoying this quite a lot though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really dont get it Mal - you were banging on about getting an evo for so long, yet you now seem to have splurged a not inconsiderable amount of money on modding a granny car?
Are you going to track it? Race the quarter? Whats the point? Would it not have been better to get a semi decent base and then modify and tune?

Seems like a silly top gear challenge - but with your own money!

Soldato
bad road holding m8, i drive quite fast and this car isn't safe, it really does roll like crazy...........so i'm just improving it that's all..............no i'm not going to mod it any more, but i must admit that this is becoming addictive.
Another car is planned anyway but i want this one right too...............yea it isn't cheap, but i keep quiet about the cost!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Mal you MUST be a parody account, MUST.

It's good stuff, don't get me wrong, I am sitting here head shaking, in a good way....I think....

But still...

Soldato
Mal you MUST be a parody account, MUST.

It's good stuff, don't get me wrong, I am sitting here head shaking, in a good way....I think....

But still...

you cant win..........i'm just me, a raving loony, but now you know i wasn't lying and this is very important to me, it doesn't matter if you think i'm an idiot.....BUT NOT A LIAR!...................i think the car looks brilliant, it just grows on you it's as simple as that..... HA HA !

OcUK Staff
OP
bad road holding m8, i drive quite fast and this car isn't safe, it really does roll like crazy...........so i'm just improving it that's all..............no i'm not going to mod it any more, but i must admit that this is becoming addictive.
Another car is planned anyway but i want this one right too...............yea it isn't cheap, but i keep quiet about the cost!

I think if it is not cheap as you suggest then its even more crazy to be quite frank. Your never gonna get the money back, but however I will also concede that a lot of enjoyment can come from modifying, restoring and caring for a car also, so if its your thing and it what you want to do then great and end of the day it is your money you can do exactly as you please with it.

I bought an old French Clio, totally restored it and enjoyed doing so, all happened a bit quick though, but its done and I don't see myself selling the car for a very long time if ever, its fun in a totally different way even though it only has 180HP.

Back
Top Bottom