Soldato
Not really that bothered just seemed cheap that was all

Yep that sounds about right.

I know the a pre-2017 M2 has similar road tax (a little cheaper then that at around £250 I think).

However I'm paying full whack £450 a year for the next 4-5 years because of the new rules that if the car is over £40k when new / newer then 2017 - then you get stuck with a bigger tax bill for a few years.

Associate
At the moment, the plan will be to get rid of my Mini in 6 months time and get myself a mk5 golf R32. I just love the sound they make and have always loved the shape of the mk5 golf for some reason. Being AWD is a bonus when you consider the roads are wet/damp most of the time. It will also give me something that I can work on from time to time. If I do go down this route, the plan would be to get it mechanically/visually good, then eventually a turbo conversion, but anything could happen between now and then.

Soldato
At the moment, the plan will be to get rid of my Mini in 6 months time and get myself a mk5 golf R32. I just love the sound they make and have always loved the shape of the mk5 golf for some reason. Being AWD is a bonus when you consider the roads are wet/damp most of the time. It will also give me something that I can work on from time to time. If I do go down this route, the plan would be to get it mechanically/visually good, then eventually a turbo conversion, but anything could happen between now and then.
I kept thinking about one when I had my Mk4 and never followed it up, now I do too many miles to live with one and not enough room for 2 cars so I fear it will end up being a car that passed me by because I didn't get one when it made most sense.

Soldato
In the anticipation that I'll get a new job in 2019 and dump the Passat company wagon my intention is as follows:

Get a Renaultsport twingo and rag about everywhere shouting weeeeeeee at the top of my voice getting out gunned by anything smaller than a tanker.

Or:

Get an old Merc S class and pretend I'm living a life of luxury, until I get any repair bill and have to remortgage the house.

Failing the new job it's continue driving a 1.6 Passat like it's a go kart and chilling in the (now claimed by the Mrs) CX5 trying not to crash.

Soldato
Find time to fit the big box of bits I have sat there doing nothing for the STi. Go get it mapped, carry on enjoying until the 2.5 blows up as planned.

Want to do a couple of track days soon. Mallory Park is up there (I keep saying this).

Change cam belt on the 407 - keep for a bit longer before changing for something newer to cover more motorway miles - maybe lease, maybe few year old car, not sure. Should really be looking by now...

Change cam belt on wife's Fiat 500, as well as get gearbox out and refurbished as the input shaft is dying + new clutch.

Arrange OcUK go-karting.

Soldato
if funds allow buy another couple of cheap taxis for renting out, couple of cheap focus estates ex plod will fit the bill nicely.

Omega get the rest of the welding done and get it `Motd
Saab replace the blown engine.
wifes kuga possibly wash it

Soldato
Colleague of mine has one that he's owned from new and has been very well looked after. He'll be getting rid soon and I'll be very tempted to pick it up as a second car as there's no way it could be my only car doing 20k+ a year. I just love the noise.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
I’d love to upgrade my current Smart Fortwo to a Brabus version before they stop making them.
Not sure as figures will make sense though.
Before anyone laughs, 110bhp in a go kart is serious business :p

Soldato
I was going to buy a new Nissan GTR, but having a look at some just before Christmas I think they are a bit on the too big side. I knew they weren't as small as the Golf, obviously, but it felt 2-3 stages bigger and as I want to put it in the garage I'm sure it won't fit. Extending the garage is not much use, I would do it if I could convert to a double garage but I can only extend it about 3 feet or so and for the money it will cost it won't be worth it.

After having a look around I see that the AMG A45 new shape is due this year so I may as well wait for that and see how good it turns out. I don't really want another Golf, but with north of 300BHP I definately want 4WD as my Edition 30, remap/BBK etc, with ~300BHP is almost psychotic - especially in the cold.

Associate
Current cars;
Noble likely to stay but depends on job/financial situation as got a lot going on.
Focus ST to go up for sale possibly as soon as this weekend...

Incoming cars;
Mums Audi A8 coming into custody in a weeks time for ~4 months and will be used as a daily and a few bits fixed on it that my mothers put off doing (along with a full corrective polish etc, the swirl marks are horrendous on that car)
Stepdads Range Rover coming into my custody this weekend but in order to be sold on his behalf.
Long term personal daily (post A8) depends on job/financial situation etc so TBC, so far looked at everything from nippy hatches to big cruiser barges and everything inbetween.

Keep eyeing up a 172 cup also, I blame Gibbo :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Tried to go drive one but was not where the website (Mercedes) said it was. Have one coming to my house next week now after a call and a really helpful salespeson. Need to revisit these.

Back
Top Bottom