Associate
@Gibbo I think I like the e92’s. Are the e92’s the DCT’s? I’ve been looking around, I need the saloon due to having the wee man he’s only 2 so need a car seat. And I’m drawn to the gold ( Austin yellow metallic colour )
Not ready to go for it yet but looking around there’s only one going about in my price range at the moment! I’m not fussed about a brand new one but 15,16 plate with low mileage I’d be happy with. I have a year to look into everything properly make sure I make the right choice! Is there much difference between the 46,92?

I need to get test driving!

https://www.scottmotorcompany.co.uk/used-bmw-m3-tamworth-staffordshire-1870618

What I’m liking just now in my price range

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo I think I like the e92’s. Are the e92’s the DCT’s? I’ve been looking around, I need the saloon due to having the wee man he’s only 2 so need a car seat. And I’m drawn to the gold ( Austin yellow metallic colour )
Not ready to go for it yet but looking around there’s only one going about in my price range at the moment! I’m not fussed about a brand new one but 15,16 plate with low mileage I’d be happy with. I have a year to look into everything properly make sure I make the right choice! Is there much difference between the 46,92?

I need to get test driving!

https://www.scottmotorcompany.co.uk/used-bmw-m3-tamworth-staffordshire-1870618

What I’m liking just now in my price range

Yes E92 DCT Saloon but I think they are really rare better to buy sooner than later I think.

A guy on cutters sold his E46 M3 recently we both got our M3’s simile time, paid less than 8k for nice examples but since put well over 30k into the car over years but as it’s spread you don’t really notice. He is no longer using his but mine and his are similar, he advertised for 30k last week and already sold it.

Crazy what a nice E46 track or club sport build now fetches.

The good E92’s going similar way value wise whereas the newer turbo stuff is plummeting in value.

At 25-30k I do consider selling mine but I just can’t and I’ve just book a track day on 25th this month so fingers crossed for good weather. :)

Soldato
Vantage is a case of if he wants to sell it as it’s the only one I could afford that I would buy as I know it’s been looked after meticulously and I can keep the Waranty going.

Looks like it will be the Vantage, he popped round today to help me fix a squeaky seat and we agreed on a deal conditional on me selling the Evora which does make me sad as I'd spent Saturday detailing her and she looks, sounds and drives amazingly well.

To give you an idea of the care lavished on this Vantage we were talking about leather care and he told me that he always conditioned the leather inside the glove box at least once a year to stop it drying out :D

Caporegime
could not believe to see an M4 CS at 60k with ceramics recently considering a year ago was like 80-90k, painful depreciation.
Indeed, saw this yesterday at Blue Bell in Crewe - https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201811132384662?quoteref=fbcbbbfe-6b02-4396-b872-c2ce28732b7f - ok, £68k but less than 2k miles and one hell of a bath from the £90k odd it was retailed at a few months back!

Only saw it mind you, alas no matter the drop still way out of my pockets reach. :(

Man of Honour
OcUK Staff
OP
Indeed, saw this yesterday at Blue Bell in Crewe - https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201811132384662?quoteref=fbcbbbfe-6b02-4396-b872-c2ce28732b7f - ok, £68k but less than 2k miles and one hell of a bath from the £90k odd it was retailed at a few months back!

Only saw it mind you, alas no matter the drop still way out of my pockets reach. :(

Yep if they drop to 50k could be good buy but problem with this new era of turbo charged motors whatever comes next will always be better so they simply lose money very fast.

Plus I love NA motors they are such an occasion to drive and I don’t get that with turbocharged motor.

Associate
That link is a F80 M3 anyway
A quick google came up with that these were finished in August due to emissions. Needs a new particulate filter to conform to regulations?
Being £290 a year road tax I thought that was cheap as I’m paying that for my Mercedes ml250. What are others paying for m3 road tax?

Yes E92 DCT Saloon but I think they are really rare better to buy sooner than later I think.

A guy on cutters sold his E46 M3 recently we both got our M3’s simile time, paid less than 8k for nice examples but since put well over 30k into the car over years but as it’s spread you don’t really notice. He is no longer using his but mine and his are similar, he advertised for 30k last week and already sold it.

Crazy what a nice E46 track or club sport build now fetches.

The good E92’s going similar way value wise whereas the newer turbo stuff is plummeting in value.

At 25-30k I do consider selling mine but I just can’t and I’ve just book a track day on 25th this month so fingers crossed for good weather. :)

The way prices are going I wish I could afford one now but I ended up with a PCP deal this car, not good seeing I change car very often! But I’d like to buy a M3 and actually keep it! Good luck for your track day, should be ok!
New Year’s Eve and no snow for us yet north of Scotland:D

Caporegime
A quick google came up with that these were finished in August due to emissions. Needs a new particulate filter to conform to regulations?
Being £290 a year road tax I thought that was cheap as I’m paying that for my Mercedes ml250. What are others paying for m3 road tax?

The way prices are going I wish I could afford one now but I ended up with a PCP deal this car, not good seeing I change car very often! But I’d like to buy a M3 and actually keep it! Good luck for your track day, should be ok!
New Year’s Eve and no snow for us yet north of Scotland:D

I think you are a bit confused. The E46 is old and the E90 4dr/ E92 coupe stopped production in 2013 replaced with the F80 M3 or F82 M4.

E92 are the 4.0 V8 and £535 to tax

Man of Honour
Continue to ignore the existence of the Jetta as that is nothing more than a tool to get to work and back .

The main aim for the MX5 is fit an LSD, not break it and enjoy it more.

There's a couple of small niggles to address that I think are fuel pump related so there's another new one on the way, and I'd like to get some more paintwork done

Associate
I think you are a bit confused. The E46 is old and the E90 4dr/ E92 coupe stopped production in 2013 replaced with the F80 M3 or F82 M4.

E92 are the 4.0 V8 and £535 to tax
I never knew there was an f80 as well I’m looking for something 2015+ On the link I put up, the website says £290 tax so if it’s a f80 is that correct?

k4zo9Bw.jpg

I know the E46s is old and the e92 is newer but has the f80 took over and ready to be replaced already.
NMl4ZU1.jpg

Man of Honour
2019 is going to considerably shake up my car situation - with moving house looking like I'm going from a 1-3 mile easy commute to 11 miles (one way) with some of that off the beaten track and at all hours in any weather - so ideally not just a run of the mill car.

Currently down to a Nissan Navara which I don't even have yet (dealer was waiting on a replacement sensor) as with drive space a premium (won't be at the new house) I had to make a choice of 1 vehicle or the other but the Navara wasn't intended to be a daily driver.

Had contemplated looking at options with BMW's xdrive amongst other things but not really set my mind on anything yet.

Associate
Happy new Year everyone.

For this year I am keeping and continuing evolving the Abarth which got much better since Curborough with sports cat/stage 2 map, sports seats with harnesses and quite a bit more. Looking forward to the next track day.

And, New Year's resolution, I am keeping the sleeper Skoda Superb too! Hope to finally bring it to an Overclockers meet this year. Should be an interesting year with a lot of thought on which car to use every time I want to go out for a drive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom