2024 Summer F1 Break thread!

Man of Honour
Thought it might be worth having a Summer Break thread to keep us occupied for the next few weeks instead of just filling up the Belgian Grand Prix one!

Expecting a lot of driver movement to be announced/confirmed during this break; surely the sacking of Sergio Perez and the return of Lawson to the grid.

Sainz confirmed somewhere (seems likely to be Williams at this point), hopefully this will free up other teams like Alpine to confirm their driver line up for 2025 with possible drives for Doohan or Schumacher there.

I'm not sure I would want to sign for Alpine at the moment given the situation with the team. Revolving door team principals aren't a good sign, and now the rumours hanging over the team that it could well be sold.

I'm not sure I would want to sign for Alpine at the moment given the situation with the team. Revolving door team principals aren't a good sign, and now the rumours hanging over the team that it could well be sold.
With all of the external investment and the skip of a car they have this year, you’d hope they’re focusing on the new regs and planning into the future.

Recent history says otherwise.

Me either.
Guess car could come good if they become a customer team. But the environment sounds dire. I've supported them for years. Since forever. But I find myself not caring how they do anymore. I despise the running of the team

Is there a chance a team, finds something big to keep RB at bay for the final stretch of the season?

there's an outside chance of a team at least making it dicey for RBR if they start winning multiple races and Verstappen continues to be off the podium or worse.

With all of the external investment and the skip of a car they have this year, you’d hope they’re focusing on the new regs and planning into the future.

Recent history says otherwise.
Best outcome would be for them to sell to Andretti and be done with it, can't see that happening though unfortunately

What will be Perez be driving in 4 weeks time? A Red Bull or a bus in Mexico City?

Hopefully the bus.

He's just not up to the level of all the other drivers in the top 4 teams. Yesterday really highlighted it well.

He just can't cut it at this level anymore (and he barely could anyway in the past..)

Last edited:
Seems a decent move, probably positioned well for 2026 as well if a bigger team comes calling.
Hopefully we'll see other teams start to confirm their empty seats for '25 now

Will Buxton was stalking Carlos Snr and his manager all weekend at Spa and spotted them going into the Williams motorhome multiple times.

He also said the rumour of the paddock is that Mercedes will have the best engine again in 2026. So it "could" pay off for Carlos in the future if they have a turn of form under James Vowles.

Probably the best offer he had I'd say.

Best outcome would be for them to sell to Andretti and be done with it, can't see that happening though unfortunately

Yeah. Sell to someone who seems to want to be in f1.. Not just as an advert.

I'd happily support andretti. Nothing can be worse than the shambles that team are.

Hopefully the bus.

He's just not up to the level of all the other drivers in the top 4 teams. Yesterday really highlighted it well.

He just can't cut it at this level anymore (and he barely could anyway in the past..)

Agreed.
He's taking up a seat. And at this level it shouldn't happen.

RBR may well lose the WCC. And it's completely their fault.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom