2024 Summer F1 Break thread!

I wonder if they gave him an easy get out clause if a big team comes in for him in the future, because otherwise it seems very odd to go Williams for the long term given his age and the team expecting a period of 5+ years just to modernise the team in order to be able to compete near the front again.

Last edited:
Where else was he going to go though?

Red Bull would obviously be the best seat, but the Verstappen clan nixed that idea from their time together at Toro Rosso.
Mercedes would be a good bet, but they've all but announced Antonelli.
Audi are a very unproven risk, and sounding like they're floundering already.
Alpine are a joke.
That leaves Willams on a hope and a prayer of a half-decent car for their first full development cycle under Vowles, and then the new regs in 2026.

I reckon Danny Ric will be in the Red Bull seat and Perez will be driving that bus you've been talking about, by the time we come back from the break.

I reckon Danny Ric will be in the Red Bull seat and Perez will be driving that bus you've been talking about, by the time we come back from the break.
Can’t be worse than what we have now. At least let someone else try and drive the 2nd car.

Last edited:
Ridiculous decision from Red Bull. As a Max fan I hope he walks from what is turning into a terrible joke.

Red Bull are absolutely going to lose constructors now...how is that acceptable.

Seems that Christian Horner has confirmed that Perez is remaining:

Shocking decision

Crazy decision. RB love that he’s a complete pushover though.

Last edited:
If it helps them lose the constructors to someone else, I'm all for it. It makes zero sense.

Anyway, tin foil hat time.. Doesn't Red Bull driver mean one of the four seats? ;) I still think there is something going on between Marko and Horner. We've gone from Marko saying its unacceptable to Horner saying he's staying in 24 hours. :D They don't seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet.

If it helps them lose the constructors to someone else, I'm all for it. It makes zero sense.

Indeed, will some how true the remark/commitment is at the end of August, if they are willing to almost guarantee a CC loss by keeping him they must have something going on elsewhere that impacts this very strange not Red-Bullesque behaviour.

I keep seeing comments about Newey buying into Williams (he was once denied by Sir Frank) and helping take them back to winning form. It would be a beautiful swan song for him, following in the footsteps of Brawn in a fashion, but he'd need more time IMO.

Sainz should have stayed at McLaren, Ferrari have been all over the place for years, I;d be interested to see how he would have done in this years car against Norris. I'm glad he's still got a seat though, it'll be interesting how he and Alex compare as Albon hasn't had a decent teammate to compare for a while now.

I keep seeing comments about Newey buying into Williams (he was once denied by Sir Frank) and helping take them back to winning form. It would be a beautiful swan song for him, following in the footsteps of Brawn in a fashion, but he'd need more time IMO.

Sainz should have stayed at McLaren, Ferrari have been all over the place for years, I;d be interested to see how he would have done in this years car against Norris. I'm glad he's still got a seat though, it'll be interesting how he and Alex compare as Albon hasn't had a decent teammate to compare for a while now.
Sainz didn’t have a choice though did he? I thought McLaren bought Ricciardo in to replace him?

Back
Top Bottom