• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080ti cards failing ?

Caporegime
That's with the stock fan curve. You have a Titan x, that's how the cards work.

Well aware its with the stock fan curve, the point is the temps are no better off than when they were using a blower cooler, if anything they're a few c worse. And remember this was "designed for overclocking", not at those temps it wasn't.

Soldato
I actually have 4 defective cards !!!

*Snip

:confused: Your logic is so weird to me

So in fact you didn't have 4 defective cards as problems only occurred when heavily OC'd.

How in gods green is that a fault of any card regardless of team ?

Also just a FYI, I never had that issue.

Man of Honour
But you stated you had 4 defective cards but you didn't, what other have is irrelevant to that particular statement.

They are defective as they can not overclock properly due to a hardware weakness in the output, the cards run fine and produce the fps but the monitor screen is blacked out.

You may question the fact that I overclock the cards but it is no laughing matter for the people who had the problem when the cards were at stock.

I do have a fix for the above problem, I can run the monitor at 30htz lol which is totally useless for gaming.

Caporegime
They are defective as they can not overclock properly due to a hardware weakness in the output,

That would probably be classed as a technicality depending if overclocking voids warranty or not. If it runs at its rated clocks then that is really all its meant to do, overclocking is a bonus and not something that needs to happen. Been a while since i ran an amd card but isn't there some kind of warning in wattman stating along the lines of overclocking being done at your own risk and it voiding warranty if you proceed? There was at one point.

Presumably these are all reference cards? I had a vapor x with no issues in that regard as it had sapphires uprated pcb.

Associate
The GPU fans on my 2080 using the stock curve are 53% at 78c. The fan on that Ti is being under-utilised without a custom fan profile.

Man of Honour
That would probably be classed as a technicality depending if overclocking voids warranty or not. If it runs at its rated clocks then that is really all its meant to do, overclocking is a bonus and not something that needs to happen. Been a while since i ran an amd card but isn't there some kind of warning in wattman stating along the lines of overclocking being done at your own risk and it voiding warranty if you proceed? There was at one point.

Presumably these are all reference cards? I had a vapor x with no issues in that regard as it had sapphires uprated pcb.

Reference PCB yes.

I am trying to get across the point that there have been plenty of defective AMD cards too but people did not go to the extremes they seem to be with the 2080 Ti.

I was lucky with my 290Xs that they were unaffected in normal operation but there were a lot of people who had cards that would not function properly at stock.

Associate
Hello,

I have recently purchased an Inno 3d 2080ti x2 , it was swapped out for my MSI 1080ti (Aero). I benchmarked the machine (6700K @4,6Ghz, with 16Gb, 650watt corsair PS) before and after with Timespy and various others and all seemed well. Then after a few days, while running a flight sim it crashed back to the desktop. I tried various driver updates but it still crashed back to the desktop. As a diagnostic I put the 1080ti back and all was well. I then put the 2080ti in my second machine (media PC under the TV, Ryzen 1700x 16Gb) and it seemed to work again, ran the Timespy stress test and it passed.

I then switched the cards back again, the 2080ti then passed the stress test all day yesterday, then this morning it started crashing again, it will not now complete the Timespy stress test.

Any advice welcome on what to try next?

Thanks

Nigel

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Not sure if it’ll help but I’ve just gone back a driver from 417.01 as although I was getting better benchmark scores, it was bugging out with a few of my favourite games.

Caporegime
They are defective as they can not overclock properly due to a hardware weakness in the output, the cards run fine and produce the fps but the monitor screen is blacked out.

You may question the fact that I overclock the cards but it is no laughing matter for the people who had the problem when the cards were at stock.

I do have a fix for the above problem, I can run the monitor at 30htz lol which is totally useless for gaming.

Overclocks are never guaranteed, I agree with Pete, your cards are not defective.

Caporegime
Reference PCB yes.

I am trying to get across the point that there have been plenty of defective AMD cards too but people did not go to the extremes they seem to be with the 2080 Ti.

I was lucky with my 290Xs that they were unaffected in normal operation but there were a lot of people who had cards that would not function properly at stock.

And in all likelihood they were replaced, plus they didn't cost the better part of a grand. It's more so the delay coupled with the pricing that is annoying people more.

Back
Top Bottom