• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080ti cards failing ?

Soldato
They are defective as they can not overclock properly due to a hardware weakness in the output, the cards run fine and produce the fps but the monitor screen is blacked out.

You may question the fact that I overclock the cards but it is no laughing matter for the people who had the problem when the cards were at stock.

I do have a fix for the above problem, I can run the monitor at 30htz lol which is totally useless for gaming.

Your premise is completely wrong, You have taken the cards over the stock clocks. They are not defective if run whilst stock, no card is guaranteed to over clock. What you are saying is total and utter rubbish. It wouldn't matter what cards it was, whether a 50 bargain basement or a 2k flag ship.

Man of Honour
Your premise is completely wrong, You have taken the cards over the stock clocks. They are not defective if run whilst stock, no card is guaranteed to over clock. What you are saying is total and utter rubbish. It wouldn't matter what cards it was, whether a 50 bargain basement or a 2k flag ship.

There were plenty of people who could not run their cards at stock.

Caporegime
Finally the real reason raises its head.

What real reason? If you're talking about price then i would think that a card costing £1100 would have people up in arms about it not working properly, especially after the 2 hour long circlejerk of rtx and "it just works". And their reasons for having faulty cards in the wild are just pure BS, they can't even admit some faulty chips are circulating and are trying to say these are "test boards".

Man of Honour
What real reason? If you're talking about price then i would think that a card costing £1100 would have people up in arms about it not working properly, especially after the 2 hour long circlejerk of rtx and "it just works". And their reasons for having faulty cards in the wild are just pure BS, they can't even admit some faulty chips are circulating and are trying to say these are "test boards".

It does not matter if a card costs £500 or £2800 it should work properly.

Soldato
I actually have 4 defective cards !!!

But I am not taking about Turing, I am talking about the 290X from AMD. Every single card they produced from that range had a built in defect and unfortunately for a lot of users it resulted in black screens at stock, for others like me it only appeared when the cards were very overclocked. The point I am making is I did not see people like you making post after post about it, AMD got away light on that one as people blamed the fault on drivers when in actual fact it was hardware based and to do with a weakness in the output of the cards.

I think your problem and some other peoples problem is not with defective Turing cards but with other things to do with the cards. If AMD had a card that was 30% faster than anything in the Turing range I don't think we would see all these defective 2080 Ti posts from people who don't even use the cards. As to Gripen's failures I was very sorry to hear about them but he did not carry on making loads of negative posts on the subject like some people who have not even used the cards, he went out and got some more NVidia cards.

Yes there have been some defective 2080 Ti cards but the numbers don't seem to be growing much and the percentage of total sales that are faulty is decreasing all the time which is good news for end users, would you agree?

What are you going on about? Your cards are unstable when overclocked ???

Man of Honour
Who said otherwise?

I have never seen so much hate directed at a GPU before where there have been some faulty cards.

My point is if we are going to rant about the 2080 Ti we should also rant about the dodgy 290X cards or any other dodgy cards in the same way.

The price of a product is not the point, it should be fit for purpose and work.

Soldato
So is the failure rate higher than one would expect?

Screen going black sounds like an instability to me, not the standard sort of instability I see, but unstable all the same.

Associate
A good friend of mine on the danish site hwt.dk has an Asus RTX 2080Ti Dual OC, he had it for 2months, and yesterday he told me that suddenly his PC wouldn't boot and the fans on the card would go to max rpm and the card wouldn't give any signal out. He tried with two different psu's to no avail. Onboard graphics on his i9 9900K worked fine. It does sound like an RMA case to me.

Associate
I have never seen so much hate directed at a GPU before where there have been some faulty cards.

My point is if we are going to rant about the 2080 Ti we should also rant about the dodgy 290X cards or any other dodgy cards in the same way.

The price of a product is not the point, it should be fit for purpose and work.
There's a bit of a difference between outrage for a GPU from 6yrs ago vs one just released that's proving to be quite a poorly engineered design AND is charging a price premium while delivering less effective performance improvement for the customers.

Associate
im on my second Zotac 2080ti after first one failed after about 1 week, Had this replacement since Saturday and so far so good :) Fingers crossed this one survives...

Has anyone actually got a good working 2080TI ? thats lasted past the 2-3 weeks ?

Associate
im on my second Zotac 2080ti after first one failed after about 1 week, Had this replacement since Saturday and so far so good :) Fingers crossed this one survives...

Has anyone actually got a good working 2080TI ? thats lasted past the 2-3 weeks ?

Yea as I wrote above a good friend of mine had his Asus RTX 2080Ti Dual OC working for 2months, but it died upon him yesterday.:(

Soldato
Your premise is completely wrong, You have taken the cards over the stock clocks. They are not defective if run whilst stock, no card is guaranteed to over clock.

Not strictly true, cards sold with a factory set overclock are guaranteed to overlock at that setting and are therefore not sold at stock clocks. Also Nvidia's in built boost technology overclocks the card from stock clock to projected overclock so you could also say every nvidia card with this technology is guaranteed to overclock to some extent. :)

Soldato
Not strictly true, cards sold with a factory set overclock are guaranteed to overlock at that setting and are therefore not sold at stock clocks. Also Nvidia's in built boost technology overclocks the card from stock clock to projected overclock so you could also say every nvidia card with this technology is guaranteed to overclock to some extent. :)

You have a point but that is still classed as stock factory clocks is it not ?

HRL

HRL

Soldato

So far so good and I’m giving it a good thrashing. Zotac AMP.

However, now I’ve said that I’m bound to be tempting fate!

Back
Top Bottom