***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Associate
Why do people pay 150 quid more for the Asus when the Acer has the same panel? Seems bonkers.
I could be wrong, it was longer than last week when I got mine, I think it was down to quality control and that asus were sending out better examples as these screens can have a lot of backlight bleed and dead pixels which Is why I went for the Asus over Acer....I think? Plus it was on offer narrowing the margin.

Soldato
I'd imagine most of that is down to luck. Policies on dead pixels and back light bleed are probably the same from each manufacturer.

I personally could never justify paying £150 just for a brand name change. And maybe a swiveling yet tackier looking stand.

Soldato
Yeah I think I just get frustrated that some of us fall victim to the pretty rubbish pricing tactics by manufacturers. I think g sync modules are way over priced. The Freesync (75hz) version of these panels goes for £599. Then they charge 300 more for a g sync.

I think it's a joke.

Man of Honour
It is a lot of money, I didn't really want to spend this much. I was checking fleabay for alternatives but then I didn't want to risk spending so much for 2nd hand with no warranty.

Posted in the wanted section here for one but it's an extremely niche item and only like one person sells one a year lol :D

I think it's worth it though. I will still have this monitor in several years time whereas those who spend 800 on a 1080ti for example will already be replacing it.

Associate
think it's a joke
Once again i agree, but i I've fallen foul of buying monitors then upgrading a year down the line, buy the best you can afford and upgrade less. Plus when you spend £700 on a gpu you want something to take advantage of it

I think it's worth it though.
Enjoy, it's one hell of a monitor - you can't take your money with you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I'm still using a Korean 1440p Ips which has been good for 4 years. Believe me I want a new monitor. These ones are great but they aren't a good technological leap. Asus have new 4k hdr stuff coming which finally looks like a good step forward we've been waiting for.

Obviously we don't even have the graphical grunt to power them yet but it will hopefully drive prices down on the dated stuff.

Soldato
OK well my x34 was a tad over £500 and for that I got the swivel version, no dead pixels , minimum back light bleed , and although I have mine set to 90Hz ( BF4 had some flickering @100Hz I dont notic any difference ), not one mark on the screen or the monitor case either, but I do have to say I wouldnt have paid a £1000 for a monitor :)

Soldato
Prices are allover the place.

A Samsung cf791 can be had for £690 now. Ok it's not 100hz but it's a quantum dot (relatively new tech) panel.

I just wish there was an obvious go-to monitor at a reasonable price. Been waiting for years to upgrade my Korean one now.

Soldato

A Samsung cf791 can be had for £690 now. Ok it's not 100hz but it's a quantum dot (relatively new tech) panel.

I just wish there was an obvious go-to monitor at a reasonable price. Been waiting for years to upgrade my Korean one now.

Heard fair bit of ghosting/lag with that monitor though.

Caporegime
OP

If you are talking about the 34" model, it is 100HZ.

£690?!

Blimey, mustn't be selling well if originally being sold for £900+ when first released a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom