***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Associate
I don't own a console but I see lots of people that play on console or have children/brothers/sisters/whatever that occasionally use it on the pc and that are kinda pulled away frm this aspect ratio because they think black bars means res not supported natively. It's a bit hard to explain that the output resolution is fully included in the 21:9 so they see exactly all the pixel generated at exactly 1:1 ratio. Also, I think I saw on youtube some trailers or demo of console games played on 2560x1080 screens because the developer of the game decided to support that res natively so I'd say it depends more on the game rather than specifically on the console. For sure it won't be 3440x1440 but is there anything like "flawless widescreen" or some wsgf protip to run ps4/xbone games at 21:9?

Caporegime
i see you are back on 16.9, i hope you relise gaming at this aspect ratio will make your eyes go square, i know this is a fact because i read it on the internet

It was a good deal,couldn't say no ;) :p

Missed high hz like crazy tbh, won't be doing less than 100 again!!

I'm gonna give Acer a couple of months to get all the issues ironed out of the X34 ;)

Soldato
I cancelled the order for the LG yesterday, too many stories about ips glow. I'm going to wait until the Samsung is back in stock and get that.

Plus i need to shift the Rog Swift, AOC 29" 21:9 monitor and a couple of others, my monitor addiction is too much.

Caporegime
OP
I haven't used 34" 21.9 screens but on all the other IPS screens I have tried, IPS glow has never really been an issue with a sensible brightness setting and backlight strip imo, only an issue when on dark content and viewing the screen from an angle in my experience.

Supposedly LG has addressed the backlight bleed issues at the production line for their panels although no idea if that is true or not....

TBH, for the price of the Samsung, if I where you, I would be willing to try the acer 34" freesync screen out instead, should be better "overall" aside from blacks/contrast ratio and build/looks and I haven't actually seen many people complaining about any IPS glow & backlight bleed issues.

Soldato
I cancelled the order for the LG yesterday, too many stories about ips glow. I'm going to wait until the Samsung is back in stock and get that.

Plus i need to shift the Rog Swift, AOC 29" 21:9 monitor and a couple of others, my monitor addiction is too much.

having owned the samsung 34 and now the acer xr34 i would pick the acer every time without a doubt

Associate

What's wrong with the AOC U3477? Unless you wanna drop some heavy money on the X34 I still suggest that one over any other.

Soldato
Had my Dell U3415 for a couple of weeks now and well worth the 600 quid I paid for it. Though I looked at the Predator I could not justify the price hike for G-Sync.

Associate
I started a new YouTube channel where I'm going to do playthroughs/walkthroughs of games in 21:9, do check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXD27SWhUUit3ILF7u-NTfw

After Zelda, I'm going to do AOE2HD: The African Kingdoms and SC2: Legacy of the Void, both on the hardest difficulties since I'm actually good at RTS games. :p I'll probably do commentaries on both of those games too.

I play plenty of modern AAA titles but these games are everywhere on YouTube, so unless there's ever a demand, I'm only going to do classics/older games in 21:9, or games I'm really good at. :)

Back
Top Bottom