***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Thanks nexus 18 for the links the ones from the reddit thread the res is too low. In the interfacelift link there are high res wallpapers as you said but it doesn't quite look right on my monitor setup. But thanks none the less.

What is your monitor setup?

I find most 16.9 4k etc. to look fine on my 21.9 2560x1080 monitor using the "stretch" fit, they actually look better than a lot of the "3440x1440/2560x1080" as generally they have just had part of the top/bottom cut off.

I miss 21:9.. i really do. I dont miss the lottery though and i dont miss the glow although my last 21:9 was almost as perfect as it could have been. I also dont miss the extensive blur inherent to IPS and yes i have tried the 144hz Gaming IPS acer monitor and what a blurring piece of toss that was. But besides those "issues" i really miss ultrawide and IPS for that matter. Such a pretty picture they make. *sigh*. I promised myself a new ultrawide once they come out using OLED or similar and considering that AMOLED is now ever so slightly cheaper to produce than LED for phones i would assume we are not fare of seeing that happen. please? pretty pretty please?

I will eat my hat if the first 34" 1440 OLED screens are less than £2000.... Monitor tech. is a rip off especially when new tech comes about :(

I miss 21:9.. i really do. I dont miss the lottery though and i dont miss the glow although my last 21:9 was almost as perfect as it could have been. I also dont miss the extensive blur inherent to IPS and yes i have tried the 144hz Gaming IPS acer monitor and what a blurring piece of toss that was. But besides those "issues" i really miss ultrawide and IPS for that matter. Such a pretty picture they make. *sigh*. I promised myself a new ultrawide once they come out using OLED or similar and considering that AMOLED is now ever so slightly cheaper to produce than LED for phones i would assume we are not fare of seeing that happen. please? pretty pretty please?

Same here...man I miss that dell...but the BLB was a **** take:(

Same here...man I miss that dell...but the BLB was a **** take:(

The Dell u3415w was such a beauty on my desk but its game performance and horrible glow in almost all corners made it tough to look at especially after it had darkened outside. *sad face* While i am happy with my current dell 16:9 its really nothing special and its such a dull aspect ratio.

EDIT: Have anyone seen the Iiyama ProLite XUB3490WQSU? looks like it has the capability to be runned at 75hz http://www.iiyama.com/gl_en/products/prolite-xub3490wqsu-b1/

Last edited:
While i am happy with my current dell 16:9 its really nothing special and its such a dull aspect ratio.

16:9 was a step back from 16:10 in my opinion; losing the vertical real estate is a poor trade-off for a little extra "wideness", especially if your monitor is mainly used for web browsing.

If you're going to go wide, may as well go ultra-wide. No more half measures, Walter.

Last edited:
And me sitting here wishing I had gone for the Dell over the Samsung ( poor viewing angles and not performing well with low res Video) I suppose the grass is always greener.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix my video problems? On dark areas the video will become very blocky, and it's not the fault of the video file and it plays fine on my old Hazro 27". I've messed with the gamma settings and it has reduced the severity of it but it's still there.

I made the mistake and looked at hardwarecanucks youtube review of the LG 34UC98. Now i look at my Dell monitor and silently cry myself to sleep every night. Man i miss 21:9.

Just had a look at different online stores and found that AOC has a competitor to the Acer Z35 (2560x1080 35inch 144hz/200hz OC) Its called the AOC C3583FQ and apparently comes out the box at 160hz. whats much more important is the price and that is only 2/3 of the Acer Z35. Still expensive but a good deal more manageable if you ask me.

Last edited:
I made the mistake and looked at hardwarecanucks youtube review of the LG 34UC98. Now i look at my Dell monitor and silently cry myself to sleep every night. Man i miss 21:9.

Just had a look at different online stores and found that AOC has a competitor to the Acer Z35 (2560x1080 35inch 144hz/200hz OC) Its called the AOC C3583FQ and apparently comes out the box at 160hz. whats much more important is the price and that is only 2/3 of the Acer Z35. Still expensive but a good deal more manageable if you ask me.

What's the freesync range on that ?

Back
Top Bottom