***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Permabanned
Ultra wide and multi monitor HAS been out for many years hence so many other devs giving a s*** about it. Even the System Shock demo has 3440x1440 support in it

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
*sigh*

For those who were thinking of getting overwatch because of 21.9 support being confirmed and the update landed today.... you better hold of again:

q0o6ITDh.png.jpg

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20746784507?page=11#post-205

9 hours ago

We do not plan to increase the max FOV beyond 103, in any resolution. As a result, this doesn't leave us with a lot of options for 21:9 support. I know this is not the answer our 21:9 players want to hear. But we feel like it would be unfair to 16:10 and 16:9 players if 21:9 gave a substantial FOV advantage.

:rolleyes:

Better not support players using higher than 60HZ screens, wired internet, mice with the zowie fk 1/g502 sensor, mechanical keyboards, £100+ headphones with a good soundcard etc. etc.

Last edited:
Associate
The argument about "penalising by hardware" is a bit silly argument really, because even with 16:9 monitor you can just pick the 21:9 resolution and run game letterboxed. But Blizzard always had odd attitude in "player control" department...

Soldato
Ultra wide and multi monitor HAS been out for many years hence so many other devs giving a s*** about it. Even the System Shock demo has 3440x1440 support in it

Even Black Mesa supports it. Lol.

I finally managed to get FO4 working in fullscreen ultrawide I followed one of the guides on Steam. Vsync still wants to run at 30fps though so had to turn that off. :eek:

Soldato
I guess I'll be sticking to playing it in 16:9 then.

I'd rather have the black bars, than have the same fov across a 34" screen. I'd have to actually move my head to see what people on 16:9 screens see just off their central vision.

That's my biggest issue, even beyond losing vertical fov.

Soldato
I just don't understand why they make this such a big deal when the more successful FPS support it no problem.

They did the exact same with HOTS with the same excuses, LoL supported it no problem, took Blizzard over a year to finally add 21:9.

Yet we still can't have 21:9 support for D3 yet POE and even games like Grim Dawn support 21:9.

Soldato
It can only be described as deliberate. I've recently been playing F.E.A.R, Half Life 2 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl at 3440x14440 without issue! All 10 year+ old games. Makes no sense. Whoever is making the call in that company has their head firmly up their donkey as the general consensus is that ultra wide is the future of gaming isn't it? Once it becomes more affordable to the masses anyway...

Caporegime
Does the game support Multi-monitor? 4k resolutions? 120FPS or more if your machine can do it? Allow 'sniper' buttons which reduce the mouse polling rate for more accurate sniping? If so, they shouldn't, because those things can give an advantage.

Soldato
UEWZ6H4.jpg

Just taken delivery of an x34a. Was a little confused because the box clearly only says x34 but this has the swivel stand so must be right. Certainly is enormous! I'm going to end up toning my neck looking around the whole thing.

Unfortunately still waiting for some parts for my pc to be delivered so can't test it out fully in games. My laptop cannot cope!

Soldato
Better not support players using higher than 60HZ screens, wired internet, mice with the zowie fk 1/g502 sensor, mechanical keyboards, £100+ headphones with a good soundcard etc. etc.

Exactly! This is such an absurd piece of nonsense I can't actually believe they are not supporting 21:9 because of the advantage argument. It is absolutely insane in light of all the other things any gamer can do that will give them a far more significant edge. Clearly this game should only be playable in a laboratory under strictly controlled conditions with identical systems and components. And only twins can play against each other, to ensure no genetic advantage. :rolleyes:

Associate
I just don't understand why they make this such a big deal when the more successful FPS support it no problem.

They did the exact same with HOTS with the same excuses, LoL supported it no problem, took Blizzard over a year to finally add 21:9.

Yet we still can't have 21:9 support for D3 yet POE and even games like Grim Dawn support 21:9.

CSGO doesnt.

Back
Top Bottom