233s many mile Mondeo

Soldato
OP
CBZ3Lg.jpg

in all seriousness our pricing varies wildly depending on client and location, we're not a traditional taxi company focusing more on Airport and medical repatriations. For example i'm off to Edinburgh this morning then down to Newcastle this afternoon. (not much fun in the spare taxi- a rattly berlingo)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
No...

Just thinking if you also charge £10 to £15 for 2 1/2 miles then you would be making over £1000 per day at 208 miles per day..
He's not going to be charging that...even in rip off Oxfordshire we pay around £10 for the 5 miles back to our house from our local town at double night rate...

The only other places I get taxis very regularly is Brussels to and from Gare Midi to the EU, I always pay around €12-15 for the 5.5km through the city in the daytime.

Last edited:
Soldato
He's not going to be charging that...even in rip off Oxfordshire we pay around £10 for the 5 miles back to our house from our local town at double night rate...

The only other places I get taxis very regularly is Brussels to and from Gare Midi to the EU, I always pay around €12-15 for the 5.5km through the city in the daytime.

I got a taxi from Nice Nord to La Turbie a while ago at a non-premium time when there was no traffic around. Should take about 15 minutes, but it ended up taking about 25 and costing €78 which was apparently because there's a special autoroute rate and she had to pay the €1.20 toll. She wasn't very happy when I suggested that maybe if she was charging the autoroute rate she should drive at autoroute speeds, rather than 45MPH behind an ancient motorhome. She also spent most of the journey moaning about Uber and how it was taking all the business from the official city taxi drivers, hardly surprising when they charge such a ridiculous amount of money.

I wasn't paying for it so I didn't care, but it certainly made every taxi I've ever taken in the UK seem like a great deal.

Soldato
OP
popped into the dealer today for an update (seeing as no one bothers to call me) Mondeo sitting in their carpark looking all clean and shiny so hopes were raised only to be dashed after speaking to the service manager.

Turns out fuel pump arrived last Saturday, but they are still waiting on a gasket and fuel pipe. :rolleyes: estimated return to stock date of the 31/03 which is a Friday means parts should hopefully arrive with the dealer the following Monday and back on the road all being well for Tuesday the 4th. 5 weeks after arriving with them.

Soldato
popped into the dealer today for an update (seeing as no one bothers to call me) Mondeo sitting in their carpark looking all clean and shiny so hopes were raised only to be dashed after speaking to the service manager.

Turns out fuel pump arrived last Saturday, but they are still waiting on a gasket and fuel pipe. :rolleyes: estimated return to stock date of the 31/03 which is a Friday means parts should hopefully arrive with the dealer the following Monday and back on the road all being well for Tuesday the 4th. 5 weeks after arriving with them.
That really is pathetic. I've currently got a 2.0 TDCi Focus as a company car, I didn't choose it as I took on the lease from a colleague. Funnily enough while justifying his choice one of the major plus points he highlighted was "...and being a Ford you can get bits for it anywhere." I'll have to let him know just how easy sourcing parts really is :eek:

Soldato
OP
Fired another moany letter off to the CEOs office again, not that anyone will pay any heed. but 5 weeks off the road for a Gasket and a bit of fuel hose is taking the pee. I would understand if I was running some sort of classic/exotic. but its a diesel Mondeo with the same engine as your Focus and quite a few other fords.

Soldato
OP
and the plot thickens,

popped into the dealers for a chat and a moan to meet a very sheepish looking service manager.

the gasket that they are waiting on coming into stock. guess whats sitting in the box with the fuel pump
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

cars going into the workshop this afternoon and should be back with me tomorrow morning for 10am

colour me skeptical but i'm amazed that as soon as question is raised to the ceos office about claiming for hire costs a gasket miraciously appears.

my moneys on a tube of hermatite and a cornflakes box lol

Caporegime
Jesus Christ on a bike how on earth has this been going on for so long? Is there not a way to demand a replacement vehicle within the warranty in situations such as this? Consumer rights or some such thing which everyone on here spouts about from time to time?

Soldato
Jesus Christ on a bike how on earth has this been going on for so long? Is there not a way to demand a replacement vehicle within the warranty in situations such as this? Consumer rights or some such thing which everyone on here spouts about from time to time?
A replacement vehicle? heh yeah right. There isn't even a lemon law there (if it has the same fault 3 times you get a refund here).

Soldato
Lol, because it needed a new fuel pump and it took them a little while to get one in? Get real.

Soldato
OP
well fingers crossed tomorrow i'm back running about in the Mondeo,

nDfc3XPy.jpg

currently running about in this badboy with its shonky autobox and 92bhp :)

Back
Top Bottom