233s many mile Mondeo

Soldato
OP
looks like i'm having a weekend off

came out to be greeted by this site this morning

total contents missing, about £12 in change out the door pocket :(
waiting on autoglass calling me back to see if they can get me a window this weekend or not ;(

wishing all sorts of harm on the little scrotes right now.

edit: did have a thought that they might have been going for the OBD port and just lifted a couple in quid in cash as a matter of course. but can't really see it somehow. never rummaged the centre console of glove box though which is strange

Last edited:
Soldato
Ffs, what did they actually think they'd be getting from a nearly new taxi? Certainly not a removable stereo and I doubt any taxi drivers leave their takings in the car!

Hope you get it sorted quickly

Soldato
OP
Ffs, what did they actually think they'd be getting from a nearly new taxi? Certainly not a removable stereo and I doubt any taxi drivers leave their takings in the car!

Hope you get it sorted quickly

there was maybe £10-12 tucked in the back of the door pocket in spare change. and that seems to be all thats missing, never rummaged the glove box or the centre console. annoying thing more than anything will be the broken glass everywhere for the next couple of years :(

Soldato
I had a window smashed a few years ago to nick a stereo, despite all the autoglass horror stories on here, they did a remarkably good job of cleaning up all the debris. He got it all out from inside the door and spent ages inside the car with his vacuum so no bits were ever seen again. It did take a week to get them out though, hope that's not the case with you as a bin bag over the window would probably put customers off!

Soldato
OP
reported it to 101 as well just in case its one of many in the area. don't expect anything more than a phone call with a crime number, just hoping my windscreen cover includes side glass :)

Soldato
OP
just glad its an easy fix, going to be fun and games getting rid of all the glass though, have to spend the afternoon out in the car with the hoover

Soldato
Like I said above, when mine was done they got rid of all of it. Don't bother trying to clean it up until they've been and gone, I may have been lucky but don't assume you'll be left with a mess

Soldato
OP
all in hand. national windscreens have turned up(same guy that put 2 windscreens in my old Mondeo :D:D:D)

at least i know it will be fitted right.

Soldato
OP
after the broken window drama over the weekend, it was time for a good scrub. 8 and a half thousand miles of hard earned dirt has taken its toll

Soldato
OP
paintwork is surprisingly poor on close inspection, lots of orange peel and the first collection of stone chips hurraah

Soldato
OP
I have recently acquired a Mondeo, 1.6TDCi Eco TitX, got to say even though many ppl will find it boring I love it, It's so comfortable and easy to drive on the motorway, I will be doing on a normal week 300mile on a friday, 300mile on a sunday, just like I have for 4 year already in a peugeot 207, so quite the difference in comfort I can say that for sure :)

Read a lot about the reported MPG, however I am getting 64.4 on the motorway at the minute after 2 journeys and a good 850mile per tank it says so far. Seems pretty decent to me considering other people were saying they got less than 50 MPG in the same engine.

Maybe I am just too cautious of a driver :)

have to say i'm extremely jealous,

averaged 41mpg over 8500 miles in mine so far :(

Soldato
OP
That's way worse than your mk4 was?

the mk4 was err "mapped for economy" :D:D

hoping it will start to loosen off a bit and the mpg will rise over the next few k miles

that is measured using an app and since I got it, it has been climbing slowly the last couple of tanks so hopefully get up to mid 40's average soon

Soldato
the mk4 was err "mapped for economy" :D:D

hoping it will start to loosen off a bit and the mpg will rise over the next few k miles

that is measured using an app and since I got it, it has been climbing slowly the last couple of tanks so hopefully get up to mid 40's average soon

You shouldn't struggle too much once it's run in. With my Superb 2.0 TSI in the body shop (boo) we're running a 2014 Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 150 powershift. Even with the auto box we're hitting 35mpg purely around town (5 days / 250 miles) and 40-42mpg after an extra day with some motorway work. With your job you must spend 99% of your time in top cruising down lane 3, surely? :p I'd love you job!

Soldato
looks like i'm having a weekend off

came out to be greeted by this site this morning

total contents missing, about £12 in change out the door pocket :(
waiting on autoglass calling me back to see if they can get me a window this weekend or not ;(

wishing all sorts of harm on the little scrotes right now.

edit: did have a thought that they might have been going for the OBD port and just lifted a couple in quid in cash as a matter of course. but can't really see it somehow. never rummaged the centre console of glove box though which is strange

You don't have any hostiles that dislike you and just did this to be little s**ts? Seems strange that they only took £12 and didn't look over the whole car.

Back
Top Bottom