• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2900XT or 640GTS?

Soldato
Possibly, I mean those OcUK ones at £230 are a friggin' steal.

I don't want to really put too much over a ton to it though, I ain't made of money! *Glares at Jokester* :p

As for noise and heat, well, i'm "thinking" about a water cooling project in a Sugo, although nothing's 100% on that front.

Either way, I love ATi's driver support. I'm still not happy enough to chance an nVidia card in Vista. :)

Soldato
Tute said:
Possibly, I mean those OcUK ones at £230 are a friggin' steal.

I don't want to really put too much over a ton to it though, I ain't made of money! *Glares at Jokester* :p

As for noise and heat, well, i'm "thinking" about a water cooling project in a Sugo, although nothing's 100% on that front.

Either way, I love ATi's driver support. I'm still not happy enough to chance an nVidia card in Vista. :)

I wish the HD2900XT's were buy one get one free tbh :(, then no one would care about the heat or noise lol.

Soldato
Willhup i would just swap now ati have the track record look at what nvidia do
driver wise at the end of the day the least ya gonna get is a card that is
equal to what ya got. People go on about a little more noise and a little more
power to me i game with headset on and don't here my card and it was a noisy power hungry card in its day and still never bothered me as it was a
good card.

Permabanned
Will, this 2900 is yours whenever you want to swap your GTS, I know the performance of both cards, if you really like this card for whatever reason whether its future proofing, ATI driver support or CCC design, Vista or whatever
you know where I am. :)

Soldato
Speed = wrong the rest you correct. When there is so much benchmarks
saying the hd2900xt speed is between gtx and gts i can't see why people
would say gts has more speed. Maybe with release drivers but now no.

Back
Top Bottom