• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2900XT or 640GTS?

Soldato
the_champ_101 said:
the bottom line is, this X2900XT is a waste of £250 and if anyone is willing to pay £190 for it I'll sell it.

For god sake now stop ranting on about how the HD2900XT is a waste of money and performs like crap in your rig, the bottom line is, if your not happy with it, sell it and buy a damnd 8800GTS, but dont come running back and complaining when an 8800GTS is struggling :rolleyes:

Soldato
the_champ_101 said:
yeah yeah whatever, all the people that say they are happy with the card at the moment are either in denial or AMD fanboys. There's nothing wrong with my water cooled PC, everything is running as it should and this card is the bottleneck I'm afraid.

learnt the hard way i guess. :(

Soldato
the_champ_101 said:
the bottom line is, this X2900XT is a waste of.... £250 .

been saying this since 6 months before the came out :p .

but for everyone who is in the position of getting either a gts or a 2900 i recommend they buy a 2900 and get first hand experiance of the card and post on here.

i find it very interesting how reviews differ so much from people who just when out and bought the 2900 from people who ask about which card to buy and are recommended the 2900 and then go out and buy a 2900.

Soldato
The 2900 is a bargain at its current price Mav just dosnt like the card just cos he says he wouldnt pay more than 120 dosnt mean its worth that, as for the champ 150 notes and I'll take it off your hands :p

Soldato
willhub said:
I really do wish they were as cheap as chips, 120 would be a bargin. Are you really been serious you would not pay 120 for a 2900? so how much would you pay for an 8800GTS?

if someone offered me a 2900 for £120 today i would not buy it.
as for the gts, the 320mb version is now at around £130 and that seems a tad bit too much for what it is. none of thse cards and provide a good gaming experience in todays games at high settings (and i can list games they can;t play well at all if you want me to ;) ) .

not worth paying a lot of money these days for hardware that expires so fast and lazy programmers that can;t be asked to optimise games for pc.

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
none of thse cards and provide a good gaming experience in todays games at high settings (and i can list games they can;t play well at all if you want me to ;) ) .

I think we all know which games you would list Mav, ;)

R6 Vegas, Test drive to name two :p

Soldato
in all honesty what sort of gfx card do you guys rekon could do the same gfx as a xbox and ps3? IF the game was coded properly?

i rekon a x1950pro, it runs halflife 2 very well with all details at max and im sure consoles would struggle to get those sort of gfx and maintain framerate.

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
in all honesty what sort of gfx card do you guys rekon could do the same gfx as a xbox and ps3? IF the game was coded properly?

i rekon a x1950pro, it runs halflife 2 very well with all details at max and im sure consoles would struggle to get those sort of gfx and maintain framerate.

Yeah, thats the generation of card that appeared in my mind when I saw your question along with the nvidia higher end 7800 range.

Back
Top Bottom