• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2900XT or 640GTS?

Permabanned
SS-89 said:
How do we know you actually have a 2900? Maybe you actually have an 8800gts and simply **** the 2900 for the hell of it and no one would really question it as you 'own' one. Hey will thats why he doesn't want to send the card because he doesnt actually have one :p .

lol just kidding. :p

If you read other threads with screenshots then maybe you'd believe, ain't got the energy to argue about this anymore, how do I know you haven't got a AMD XP1800 running a 9600pro? lol just kidding :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
Gerard said:
OK mr "steam game expert"

The reason i got the gts was the shuttle psu wasn't up to handling the 2900xt at load for long periods of time, some games would run fine, others would totally shut down the computer after 8 or 9 minutes play.

So you agree with me the power consumption is a problem? Look you're right this X2900 is way better than the GTS thats why your sole excuse on swapping it is coz of the power supply :rolleyes: , by the way which shuttle power supply have you got?

Last edited:
Soldato
the_champ_101 said:
If you read other threads with screenshots then maybe you'd believe, ain't got the energy to argue about this anymore, how do I know you haven't got a AMD XP1800 running a 9600pro? lol just kidding :p

I was only joking about that I think I do remember the screenshot thread. ;)

Caporegime
the_champ_101 said:
So you agree with me the power consumption is a problem? Look you're right this X2900 is way better than the GTS thats why your sole excuse on swapping it is coz of the power supply :rolleyes: , by the way which power supply have you got?

You obviously have no clue what you're rambling on about. The sn25p (thats the shuttle in case you're wondering) comes with a standard 350 watt shuttle psu, the psu's in shuttles are more effecient than regular psu's so theyre easily able to run cards like the gtx and the gts. I tried the 2900 with the 350watt psu and got random shutdowns, i bought a 400 watt psu for it (the highest you can buy for shuttle) and it was the same situation. At that point i wasn't gonna fork out more cash for a full size case, mobo and psu so i opted just to sell the card and buy a gts which does run with the 350 or 400 psu's.

Clear enough for you captain sarcasm?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Gerard said:
You obviously have no clue what you're rambling on about. The sn25p (thats the shuttle in case you're wondering) comes with a standard 350 watt shuttle psu, the psu's in shuttles are more effecient than regular psu's so theyre easily able to run cards like the gtx and the gts. I tried the 2900 with the 350watt psu and got random shutdowns, i bought a 400 watt psu for it (the highest you can buy for shuttle) and it was the same situation. At that point i wasn't gonna fork out more cash for a full size case, mobo and psu so i opted just to sell the card and buy a gts which does run with the 350 or 400 psu's.

All I did was ask what spec your shuttle power supply was, weren't rambling on about anything, So 400W it is, that should support the 2900 unless things get real heavy at higher resolution e.g. 2560 x 1600, I somehow doubt you'd be running that high, if you say it shuts down at 400W then I believe you, coz you might have other power draining components who knows.

The highest you can get for your shuttle is actually 450W, god and you say I chat rubbish, so you could have got the 450W and kept your 2900XT if you thought it was so much better, you haven't justified why you changed over, you probably got a X1300pro in that little shuttle and talking absolute rubbish.

Just to say if you really had both these cards then what is the real reason for you switching over to the GTS? Maybe it's a better all rounder? Facts you give don't add up, I suggest some of you lot research his claim of that 400W is the max for his setup.

Last edited:
Soldato
the_champ_101 said:
I'd edit out the swear words Champ or we may loose your valued contribution with a suspension.

the_champ_101 said:
The highest you can get for your shuttle is actually 450W
Do you have a link for that? I could only find a 400W for the shuttle sn25p last time I looked.

Last edited:
Permabanned
The bottom line is both the 2900XT 512MB and 8800GTS 640MB can not play games smoothly at the highest settings of the latest games.
I'll keep this thing until the G92 or ATI's next generation offering whatever they're going to call it. End of story.

Soldato
Gerard said:
the psu's in shuttles are more effecient than regular psu's so theyre easily able to run cards like the gtx and the gts. I tried the 2900 with the 350watt psu and got random shutdowns, i bought a 400 watt psu for it (the highest you can buy for shuttle) and it was the same situation.

Not so much 'more efficient' as 'rails are laid out differently', oh and the specs aren't lies like with some PSUs.

Soldato
the_champ_101 said:
The bottom line is both the 2900XT 512MB and 8800GTS 640MB can not play games smoothly at the highest settings of the latest games.
I'll keep this thing until the G92 or ATI's next generation offering whatever they're going to call it. End of story.

Tell me, what do you class as the 'highest settings' for games?

Caporegime
the_champ_101 said:
All I did was ask what spec your shuttle power supply was, weren't rambling on about gfhgh So 400W it is, that should support the 2900 unless things get real heavy at higher resolution e.g. 2560 x 1600, I somehow doubt you'd be running that high, if you say it shuts down at 400W then I believe you, coz you might have other power draining components who knows.

The highest you can get for your shuttle is actually 450W, god and you say I chat , so you could have got the 450W and kept your 2900XT if you thought it was so much better you haven't justified why you changed over, you probably got a X1300pro in that little shuttle and talking absolute rubbish.

If you really had both these cards then what is the real reason for you switching over to the GTS?

Christ almighty how thick are you? The reason was POWER, i run at 1920x1200, the shuttle would run some games fine, others caused the whole system to shut down. Rainbow 6 vegas was the main culprit. Seriously what age are you mr source engine expert, you come off as some angsty child going through puberty.

As for me not having the card feel free to have some pics of when i had it.

2900-.jpg

2900.jpg

incase.jpg

size-compare.jpg

PIc of my trust feedback from the guy i sold the card to.

clai.jpg

Now kindly shut yer trap and go angst somewhere else little child.

Last edited:
Soldato
the_champ_101 said:

They do play some of the latest games at max, if I had a decent rig, quad core and 2gb ram I rekon a HD2900XT or 8800GTS could play CoJ (DX9) at max, I wouldent take notice of any of the DX10 trash coming out atm tho.

I'm not trying to get into an argument, just thought I would say this.

Soldato
Gerard said:
OK mr "steam game expert"

The reason i got the gts was the shuttle psu wasn't up to handling the 2900xt at load for long periods of time, some games would run fine, others would totally shut down the computer after 8 or 9 minutes play.

He's a "Source engine expert" - and all because he plays a bit of CSS, well I never :eek: . Just for everyones information I went X1900XT > 8800GTS > 2900XT

Soldato
Gerard: I wish the 2900XT had Ruby on the front like your other ATI card :( Even if she is holding the sword in such a way they she lost both fingers right after the photo was taken,

Caporegime
Boogle said:
Gerard: I wish the 2900XT had Ruby on the front like your other ATI card :( Even if she is holding the sword in such a way they she lost both fingers right after the photo was taken,

With mine there was a sticker of her you could slap onto the heatsink. :D

Permabanned
Gerard said:

Don't ignore the argument, are you still saying that that 400W is the max?

Permabanned
Gerard said:
Christ almighty how thick are you? The reason was POWER, i run at 1920x1200, the shuttle would run some games fine, others caused the whole system to shut down. Rainbow 6 vegas was the main culprit. Seriously what age are you mr source engine expert, you come off as some angsty child going through puberty.

As for me not having the card feel free to have some pics of when i had it.

Now kindly shut yer trap and go angst somewhere else little child.

They could be pics of anything, show me the monitor lol lol lol

Back
Top Bottom