• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

290x/290 voltage control with MSI AB (stock bios) guide.

I've been trying that for him in the other thread Tommy. Does not seem to work. Seems like he might have a voltage locked 280X. I wonder if this is one of the new 280x Tahiti XT that Gibbo mentioned a while ago.

He might yes!I think its possible to check it with GPU-Z.

He might yes!I think its possible to check it with GPU-Z.

BIOS SWITCH 1 ( old bios version )

Clipboard02.jpg

BIOS SWITCH 2 ( New bios version )

Clipboard02.jpg

Last edited:
Hi
I have been trying this system of writing the string, but I can only get 100mv extra once AB runs.

I have 4x msi 290x gaming and a dual psu set up so do want to push them.

I am using version 4,1 of AB (afterburner).

any ideas?

Guys does it still work with MSI Afterburner 4.1.1 and with windows 10?
I did work for me on windows 7 before and I'm sure I used 4.1.1.
This is my edited target:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe" \wi6,30,8d,20"

When it worked on windows 7 for me, I double clicked created shortcut,and afterburner didn't start,then I clicked on msi afternurner (not edited) and it started program with added voltage in this case +200mV.
Now in windows 10 when I double click on modified afterburner shortcut it starts afterburner striaght away (no extra voltage,only 100mv,you need to move the slider,when before when it worked +200mV where already there)
ta
It work now,target should be:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe" /wi6,30,8d,20"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom