• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

290x/290 voltage control with MSI AB (stock bios) guide.

Soldato
No joy!

What I've done is make a copy of the Afterburner short cut from desktop. Right clicked properties from the short cut. Applied this in the target box. So it reads "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe" /wi4,30,8d,18

Still reading +100 rather than +150 in Afterburner. Something I'm missing?

Make another copy and replace the last 2 digits with 00. This will reset the voltage offset. Then try clicking the +150mv shortcut and running AB from the regular shortcut again.

Soldato
Still no go.

Is this how it needs to read exactly in the target box "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe" /wi4,30,8d,18 ?
You should have two icons by the way. One is the default for running/opening MSI AB, whereas the other is a new shortcut that you created, which you edit the target path.

Soldato
Just copied and pasted from the original on desktop.

Don't know if it will make a difference, but I created new shortcuts, direct from the exe and renamed them 'AB-Stock V' and AB-1400Mv', then I edited the Target path, I never used the original desktop shortcut.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe" /wi4,30,8d,0

and

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe" /wi4,30,8d,18

I also have CCC installed too, and there was no need to reboot either, you just need to make sure AB is closed down before clicking the increased voltage limit, then start AB from your original untouched shortcut.

Soldato
It's worth a shot.

Just tried creating a short cut directly from the exe in the AB folder but no longer got the option to edit the Target path. The only way was to send to desktop then, edit the Target path but then i'm back to square one, still stuck at 100mV tops. So dunno!

Last edited:
Soldato
It's worth a shot.

Just tried creating a short cut directly from the exe in the AB folder but no longer got the option to edit the Target path. The only way was to send to desktop then, edit the Target path but then i'm back to square one, still stuck at 100mV tops. So dunno!
Make sure you didn't drag the actual application onto the desktop (I did that myself, and had to put it back into the folder :p). Use right-click to drag the exe from the folder onto the desktop, and there should be an option of "create shortcut".

Associate
Hi guys. I saw the post from unwinder too but didn't know where to start, and didn't dare admit that on that site lol.
Is there any chance you guys could help me? I don't understand how to add the text to the end of the target path, on the copied short cut. I enter the text and then press OK and get a message saying "make sure the path and file name are correct".

I have tried,
making a copy of the exe file in the MSI folder,
copying the desktop short cut.

Am I making a very simple mistake or am I missing something more significant?

Thanks, pete.

Associate
Tried again today and it worked. I just had to leave a space before adding /wi4,30,8d,18
That is that the file closed and saved. I'm not getting 150mv. Same as Geeman1979.

Associate
I didn't realise that trix was ready yet.

I have almost gone blind reading through thread after thread trying to get this to work and I have found out why it wont work for you and me.

If your still interested, here is the solution.

change one of the numbers in the added text, so should look like this.
"/wi6,30,8d,xx"
instead of this
"/wi4,30,8d,xx"
They changed the 4 to a 6. I read somewhere, some one mentioned to unwinder something about a 6 lol, guess this was it.

Back
Top Bottom