3 dead and 5 wounded in suspected Terror attack in Germany - not even headline news anymore.

Soldato
So you can't name these places or do the research from your own link.
Though not :)

So you DO want him to decide for you want is peaceful. This is version of let me Google that for your.

"...Iceland

According to the Global Peace Index 2020, Iceland was the most peaceful country in the world with an index value of 1.078.30 Mar 2021..."

Soldato
Correct :) lets starts stats from 10000 years ago.

Not sure what deuse wants me to say. Events take place in time and space?

He wants not to answer the question. Because that would mean having to think about the question.

When someone shouts omg I don't assume terrorist and religious fanatic. Then start a thread that the hysterical media need to be more hysterical because we are not hysterical enough already.

Associate
I did some research into this :)

https://www.economicsandpeace.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/GPI-2021-web.pdf

• Since 2008, the level of global peacefulness has deteriorated by two per cent, with 75 countries recording a deterioration, while 86 improved.
  • The average level of global peacefulness has deteriorated for nine of the past 13 years.
  • The gap between the least and most peaceful countries continues to grow. Since 2008, the 25 least peaceful countries declined on average by 12.1 per cent, while the 25 most peaceful countries improved by 4.3 per cent.
boo
The indicator with the largest deterioration globally was the terrorism impact indicator. Ninety countries recorded an increase in terrorist activity since 2008. However, the total number of deaths from terrorism has been falling globally since 2014.
yay?

Sample size of 13 years. Now do a sample size of 100 years or 1000 years.

Soldato
I also didn't know...

"...Germany the third largest bilateral development partner in Somalia. As second largest bilateral humanitarian donor, Germany also provided humanitarian aid to the tune of 76 million EUR (85.2 million USD) in 2019 alone...."

Soldato
According to this thread everywhere is overrun with terrorists no where is safe.

Incidentally Illinois ranks as 19th most dangerous state. For those struggling with Google.

Soldato
OP
This thread is about does the media in the UK not give enough reporting priority on domestic German crime.

As the OP I can categorically say "No this thread is NOT about that" - It's asking if we're becoming immune or desensitised to the reporting of new terror attacks (as this was initially reported as being) when this German attack got a paltry 180 word story with a tiny byline until the story changed hours later once the mental history of the accused was found out.

Whatever else you've decided to make up in your mind that this thread is about is just that - made up.

Soldato
It's the same thing. Then it got into the lack of reporting would encourage larger attack seeking more attention.

The irony being it's a storm in a tea cup, but there's all this doom posting about terrorism.

So you proved the opposite, people are hyper sensitive to it.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom