3 dead and 5 wounded in suspected Terror attack in Germany - not even headline news anymore.

Soldato
OP
But it wasn't a terror attack. Most news media is social media. They are all using click bait to drive views without proper reporting and investigation. People have got into the habit of accepting shoddy reporting at face value.

There is nothing in common with northern Ireland and this. That's a bizarre comparison.

Ok, once more - I'm asking about the change in how the reporting of terror attacks (not the events themselves) seems to be changing and asking if, just like what happened in NI, it's because we as a society are becoming more immune to these attacks and we've reached an acceptable level. If this is so then it may force terrorists to attempt larger and more deadly attacks to gain headlines, just like it did in NI, if the "regular" attacks don't make the international news as much currently.

Soldato
Ok, once more - I'm asking about the change in how the reporting of terror attacks (not the events themselves) seems to be changing and asking if, just like what happened in NI, it's because we as a society are becoming more immune to these attacks and we've reached an acceptable level. If this is so then it may force terrorists to attempt larger and more deadly attacks to gain headlines, just like it did in NI, if the "regular" attacks don't make the international news as much currently.

The terrorists in NI weren't looking to get headlines. They were looking to create terror by killing lots of people. How it was reported was largely irrelevant.

Whereas, this is shoddy sensationalist reporting, click bait for people who don't use any critical judgment, and many here seem to have taken the bait, hook line and sinker. You can't claim your immune to it, if you started a thread about it. This is only news here, because they used "terrorist" in the title, and people swarmed to it like bees to honey. That its not being immune.

Caporegime
The terrorists in NI weren't looking to get

headlines. They were looking to create terror by killing lots of people. How it was reported was largely irrelevant.

Err what?

They did carryout massive bombings with very few deaths due to warnings etc.

They absolutely wanted publicity more than killing lots of people

IRA_Bishopsgate.JPG

But only 1 dead.

When did you last see an Islamic attack in the UK on that scale?

Caporegime
So your "credible source" is one random person who claims to have heard a madman shout “Allahu Akbar” then is it?
ONE PERSON!​
On the basis of which uncorroborated report you have concluded that the Somali man with a history of mental illness was a "Religious terrorist", despite the fact that in the first link you posted "a police spokesman said that, while the attacker had a criminal record, none of his previous offences were related to terrorism." :rolleyes:

Seriously, you should stop extrapolating from shreds of evidence in an effort to support your particular prejudices.

Kallert said a store detective and police officers reported hearing the suspect say “Allahu akbar,” Arabic for “God is great."

Kallert is the regional police chief

So the 1 random person is actually the store security and multiple police officers.

Typically a reasonably reliable bunch?

Material with “hate messages” also was found but has yet to be evaluated, police said

Soldato
Err what?

They did carryout massive bombings with very few deaths due to warnings etc.

They absolutely wanted publicity more than killing lots of people

But only 1 dead.

When did you last see an Islamic attack in the UK on that scale?

If you look at the list of attacks in context they were mostly trying to directly kill people.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Great_Britain

Even that's a drop in the ocean to all the deaths in NI related to the conflict.

This guy in Germany had no links to terrorists. Look at this ridiculous thread.

Soldato
OP
The terrorists in NI weren't looking to get headlines. They were looking to create terror by killing lots of people. How it was reported was largely irrelevant.

You obviously have your opinion on "does the lack international reporting of terror attacks make follow on attacks bigger, more spectacular", my opinion looks to be different from yours so to prevent derailing the thread further lets agree to disagree.

Soldato
... mean as this one didn't even make it into the main headlines of the BBC but was instead just a small byline with a very small story attached (<180 words) whereas previously this would have been main headline news with 3-4 reporters on the story -

I realise that there are other "big" stories right now with the Miami collapse and the Chauvin sentencing but I would still expect such an event to at least be in the top 3 headlines in the 13 hours after it happened....

Personally I have no interest in domestic crime in Germany. I'm not sure why this should be in my news feed.

Soldato
You obviously have your opinion on "does the lack international reporting of terror attacks make follow on attacks bigger, more spectacular", my opinion looks to be different from yours so to prevent derailing the thread further lets agree to disagree.

I think the idea that sensational over reporting of incidents will stop people from causing bigger incidents goes against all logic. Usually there's a media blackout to counter this.

Not to mention that's terrorist attacks are usually caused by some unresolved issue. It's not the media that needs attention. It's the underlying issue.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . You can't claim you're immune to it if you started a thread about it. This is only news here, because you used "terrorist" in the title, and people swarmed to it like bees to honey. That is not being immune.
This.

If the title had read "3 dead and 5 wounded in attack by mentally disturbed person in Germany - not even headline news anymore." @ianh might have had a point to stand on.

As it is, the thread is a thinly disguised attempt to stoke racism targeting Muslims by making a point about the allegation that the murderer might have been an Islamic Terrorist.

Soldato
OP
This.

If the title had read "3 dead and 5 wounded in attack by mentally disturbed person in Germany - not even headline news anymore." @ianh might have had a point to stand on.

The title of the actually story (not the by-line shown in the image shown) at the time of posting was still reported as a terror attack by the BBC hence the title. If the stories headline had been "mentally ill man kills 3 in knife attack in Germany" I doubt I'd have actually read it.

As it is, the thread is a thinly disguised attempt to stoke racism targeting Muslims by making a point about the allegation that the murderer might have been an Islamic Terrorist.

Yet I currently live in a Muslim country, work with hundreds of Muslims and have around a dozen I would call good friends rather than just work colleagues, can you say the same?

To be very blunt, by making an extremely hostile and offensive statement about my beliefs based solely on a worthless and utterly incorrect assumption, and then claiming it as fact purely as a way to attack me and my post, it shows that you have the mark of a someone not worth wasting any time on, although as a positive you have proven yourself to be without shadow of a doubt a liar, which I'll remember for any future discussions.

Soldato
This.

Are you going to admit your mistake in post 141?
Or are you going to run and hide?

Caporegime
Personally I have no interest in domestic crime in Germany. I'm not sure why this should be in my news feed.

Because it's a pattern/trend that is pan European and is also happening in the UK with a frequency that cannot be ignored?

Think of it as a warning or precursor.

It's also worth noting that Islamic terrorism is a global phenomenon. Probably best to keep abreast of the situation.

Capodecina
Soldato
Seriously, I just can't be bothered to pursue your argument here.

The title of the actually story (not the by-line shown in the image shown) at the time of posting was still reported as a terror attack by the BBC hence the title. If the stories headline had been "mentally ill man kills 3 in knife attack in Germany" I doubt I'd have actually read it. . . .
Seriously, I just can't be bothered to pursue your argument here either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Seriously, I just can't be bothered to pursue your argument here.

Seriously, I just can't be bothered to pursue your argument here either.

So the 1 random person is actually the store security and multiple police officers.

lol stockhausen

You're The number 1 terrorist apologist on the net.

Soldato

:cry:

He literally quoted the three links you provided, all of which said nothing more than 'one witness'. It's not his fault if you've linked him to info you now reckon isn't correct.

Soldato
:cry:

He literally quoted the three links you provided, all of which said 'one witness'. It's not his fault if you've linked him to info you now reckon isn't correct.

You should read the thread..silly boy :)

Soldato
You should read the thread..silly boy :)

I did, you evidently didn't understand the point.

No good pointing at him and demanding he 'admit his mistake' for literally quoting your own links, just because someone else has later linked to some different information.

Soldato
I did, you evidently didn't understand the point.

No good pointing at him and demanding he 'admit his mistake' for literally quoting your own links, just because someone else has later linked to some different information.

You can't stand the facts or read the thread.

You must read the links in it's entirety.

Soldato
Because it's a pattern/trend that is pan European and is also happening in the UK with a frequency that cannot be ignored?

Think of it as a warning or precursor.

It's also worth noting that Islamic terrorism is a global phenomenon. Probably best to keep abreast of the situation.

Which is irrelevant, as this wasn't Islamic terrorism.

It was simply domestic crime.

Back
Top Bottom