• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
Whats the length of the card? Wondering if i can get my drive cage back in to my antec p182 case if gpu is short enough

Which one?
Off the top of my head FE and Palit are about 240mm, Zotac is 220mm if you need more exact than that just google.
I doubt there will be any problems with either Palit or Zotac in terms of performance or reliability.
I'm slightly worried that the Zotac may be loud due to the tiny heatsink, on the upside it will fit perfect in many small cases.

Associate
FE u was wondering about. Need to check lenght of my 780 and see if the 3070 is shorter.
Does the FE exhaust heat out the back

3060ti and 3070 have the same cooler as far as I can tell but in slightly different colour.
There are vents for heat to escape out the back of the PC but most warm air will come back into the case from the heatsink fins

index.php

Associate
I've just went to test my Gigabyte Eagle card that arrived today in my old system (new one on the way) but it isn't even posting. There is power to the card as the LED's light up, but the fans stop spinning.

It's a Gigabyte GA Z68A UD3P B3 (so PCIe 2.0), i7 3770k, 650w SuperFlower PSU. If I swap my 1650 Super back in it works fine.

Should I be concerned the card is a dud or is it something else I'm missing. Tried reseating it 3 times now.

Thanks

Associate
It's actually only 8 pin. I've just swapped them back over again, but this time it has booted up! So I must not have been putting it in fully, even though I thought I was... thanks for the suggestion though :)

I'm assuming it being on PCIe 2.0 will bottleneck it somehow, if the CPU doesn't anyway that is.

Associate
There are benchmarks of overclocked 3090's on PCI-e gen 2 and performance matches gen 3 in most games so that's not the issue anyway.
The 650 watt PSU is loads of power assuming it's working correctly.

The only thing I can think of is a bios update for the motherboard is needed in some rare cases to run newer GPU's on motherboards. However it's not listed in the update notes for your board.

Associate
It's actually only 8 pin. I've just swapped them back over again, but this time it has booted up! So I must not have been putting it in fully, even though I thought I was... thanks for the suggestion though :)

I'm assuming it being on PCIe 2.0 will bottleneck it somehow, if the CPU doesn't anyway that is.

Good to hear

Check this out and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Just be sure not to put anything into the other x16 slot so you get full gen 2 x 16

Associate
Good to hear

Check this out and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Just be sure not to put anything into the other x16 slot so you get full gen 2 x 16

Wow, yeah surprised sums it up!! No nothing else in there. Just tested Half Life Alyx and Walking Dead saints and sinners via Virtual Desktop and Link to my Quest 2 and I cannot believe the difference.

Edit - Thanks for posting that up :)

Associate
Pretty impressed with this card so far, not overclocked it, just upped the power limit in afterburner to 110% max and it draws 220w and hits 77 degrees after repeat benchmark runs. Temps higher than I'm used to seeing but it's fine with me as the card is completely silent. Still hits 2025 to 2040mhz so that seems good enough despite the temp.

Associate
Pretty impressed with this card so far, not overclocked it, just upped the power limit in afterburner to 110% max and it draws 220w and hits 77 degrees after repeat benchmark runs. Temps higher than I'm used to seeing but it's fine with me as the card is completely silent. Still hits 2025 to 2040mhz so that seems good enough despite the temp.

I don't mine but if you want to go the other direction apparently the power draw from the card can go all the way down to 130 watts while still holding 1450mhz clock speed. It could become the most popular choice for mining Ethereum because of the big savings on electricity cost. Of course this is potentially bad news for gamers because it could lower the already poor stock levels.

Associate
I don't mine but if you want to go the other direction apparently the power draw from the card can go all the way down to 130 watts while still holding 1450mhz clock speed. It could become the most popular choice for mining Ethereum because of the big savings on electricity cost. Of course this is potentially bad news for gamers because it could lower the already poor stock levels.

Yeah I'm not one for mining, tried it years ago, waste of time tbh lol. Pretty impressive clocks for the power though, but I'll need all the 220w to feed my monitor lol

Associate
Yeah I'm not one for mining, tried it years ago, waste of time tbh lol. Pretty impressive clocks for the power though, but I'll need all the 220w to feed my monitor lol

Yes but how much power were you using on the card you had at the time?
With the 3060ti at 130 watts(1450mhz) it is the same performance as a 2080 which draws 215 watts.
I've just signed a new contract with an electricity supplier and got an ok rate by European standards, €0.15 KW/h(£0.135)

I'm tempted to give it a go when the card arrives but if it works out I promise to still use it for several hours a week on games :)
Apps like MSI afterburner make it simple to switch between a gaming profile and a low power mining one.

However I am somewhat conflicted. I use crypto currency and love the idea of it but think there must be a better way without wasting so much electricity.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Yes but how much power were you using on the card you had at the time?
With the 3060ti at 130 watts(1450mhz) it is the same performance as a 2080 which draws 215 watts.
I've just signed a new contract with an electricity supplier and got a ok rate by European standards, €0.15 KW/h(£0.135)

I'm tempted to give it a go when the card arrives but if it works out I promise to still use it for several hours a week on games :)

I have been mining since 2012. Took a hiatus after one of the crashes and restarted in 2017. I got cheap rate tariff only for 7 hours as the prices have jacked up every year - I was paying under 12p a unit when I first started :(

Associate
I have been mining since 2012. Took a hiatus after one of the crashes and restarted in 2017. I got cheap rate tariff only for 7 hours as the prices have jacked up every year - I was paying under 12p a unit when I first started :(

This is a quick calculation I did, total system power would be 230 watts for me with an undervolted 3060ti and it would get a hash rate of about 60 MH/s at that power and speed. I converted my electricity rate to USD so
Note sure if I got it exactly right because I know very little on the subject.

f91cb560b5dc177627a71b589764a53b.png

So that would be £18.60 profit a month, hardly worth it for a gaming pc but a few 3060ti's, a CPU and MB that draws less power and a KW/h rate that's a little lower and I can see these cards being in high demand with miners.

Associate
thats another problem gamers do not need again

Unavoidable, my numbers could be off but a quick calculation in my head comes out at about £35 profit per month per 3060ti card at China's electricity prices. (Same goes for many other counties)
Low stock and high prices make it even more viable as the cards will fetch a high price on the second hand market when the miners want to quit or upgrade.

Last edited:
Soldato
What benchmarks have you run and what scores did you get please? I got a little over 13k graphics score in Time Spy which I’m really happy with.

Back
Top Bottom