• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Man of Honour
This is why the OC models are such terrible value, many don't boost higher than the non OC.

Depends if OC models are actually properly binned (doesn't seem to be the case with Ampere) and/or if they have higher power limit and substantially better cooling than the lesser models. With Ampere so far there doesn't seem to be much advantage to the higher OC models and in many cases AIBs seem to be playing silly games with the line up and availability to keep prices high.

Associate
Yes, thanks for clarifying. I was only talking about Ampere. This is something new, really overbuilt FE cards to compensate for the high TDP of Ampere while decreasing the price of the FE relative to AIB models.
Nvidia is really putting the AIB's under pressure here, I don't think it's possible to effectivity cool Ampere at the MSRP Nvidia has set. This is why we see so many of these more expensive OC models that are no different but cost more and have more availability.

Associate
Are there any of the 3060 ti's that should be avoided due to cheap components? I mean only pcb stuff, cooler does not matter as I plan to watercool it.

Associate
Are there any of the 3060 ti's that should be avoided due to cheap components? I mean only pcb stuff, cooler does not matter as I plan to watercool it.

Not that I'm aware of, the boards that use cheaper components still have to meet Nvidia's spec.

I guess if you are water-cooling maybe you could benefit from some of the more expensive capacitors for more stable power delivery but I have heard all 3060ti's are close to hitting power limits even when stock so I doubt it would matter.

Associate
Not that I'm aware of, the boards that use cheaper components still have to meet Nvidia's spec.

I guess if you are water-cooling maybe you could benefit from some of the more expensive capacitors for more stable power delivery but I have heard all 3060ti's are close to hitting power limits even when stock so I doubt it would matter.

Yeah I saw somewhere that there isn't a large variance in performance even with greater power limits. I guess I'm mostly worried about capacitor noise.

Also wondering if anyone knows the size of the VRM's. I think I might want to stick some small heatsinks on them.

Soldato
Are there any drops for cards coming soon/where should i keep an eye out?

Thanks

Can't mention comptetitors here, I would go round the usual suspects and ask for email notifications when cards come into stock (that's how I got mine) and also check out various Discord's etc and stock update sites that will send you alerts. The 3060ti is much easier to get hold of than anything else new like 70,80 or 90 or the AMD cards.

I would check back here tommorow for an update on OCUK stock. It sounds like they've been hoarding stock amd might be ready to sell soon.

Associate
Is there much difference between the various 3060 Ti cards and manufacturers or is it a case of buy what's available? Or to put it another way, any specific cards to avoid?

The main thing to consider is that the shorter 2 fan cards will have higher fans speed(noise) than the larger 3 fan cards. Apart from that there's not much difference.

Soldato
Is there much difference between the various 3060 Ti cards and manufacturers or is it a case of buy what's available? Or to put it another way, any specific cards to avoid?

There was a video on YT where some guy got a load of different makes and models and compared them all, try that as a first port of call.

Associate
Can't mention comptetitors here, I would go round the usual suspects and ask for email notifications when cards come into stock (that's how I got mine) and also check out various Discord's etc and stock update sites that will send you alerts. The 3060ti is much easier to get hold of than anything else new like 70,80 or 90 or the AMD cards.

I would check back here tommorow for an update on OCUK stock. It sounds like they've been hoarding stock amd might be ready to sell soon.

That's fair enough, where are announcements made for OCUK? THANKS

Back
Top Bottom