• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Man of Honour
I can not say for the FE 3070 but with my FE 3090s the standard NVidia 12 pin cable looks awful.

Having said that once I swapped the NVidia 12 pin cable for a Corsair braided one that goes all the way to the PSU things look a lot better and I prefer it to the older 2 x 8 pin connects on other cards.

Associate
This image may help to locate it;

dualbios.jpg
Thanks, but still can't find it?
Was watching a video last night and there was a sudden grinding noise like a fan was catching on something. Just 1 fan going on the card, i stop it but noise continued, so could been coil whine?

Soldato
Thanks, but still can't find it?
Was watching a video last night and there was a sudden grinding noise like a fan was catching on something. Just 1 fan going on the card, i stop it but noise continued, so could been coil whine?

I have the Gigabyte Gaming OC, there's no Bios switch, I think there's one on the Gaming OC PRO though...

Soldato
Is the FE better than the Palit? I really dislike where they put the pin connector on the FE.

I've got a side on my case without a window, and the PC itself is in a little gap under a desk so I cant see it..
Plus my PSU is at the bottom of my case so where the cable feeds is exactly the same as my old RX580...

Caporegime
I can not say for the FE 3070 but with my FE 3090s the standard NVidia 12 pin cable looks awful.

Having said that once I swapped the NVidia 12 pin cable for a Corsair braided one that goes all the way to the PSU things look a lot better and I prefer it to the older 2 x 8 pin connects on other cards.
pic?

Associate
Yes, that's what I thought, but just looking at mine with GPU-Z and it says 1980MHz when running the render test. Did I overclock a couple of weeks ago by accident and forget?!

No this is normal, the boost clock stated for both FE and AIB is mostly irrelevant. Nvidia boost will monitor power and temperature on all cards and boost as far as it can within setting Nvidia consider safe.
1850 - 2000 is normal

When Nvidia state the boost clock is 1665mhz for the FE this means they are fairly confident you can hit this clock speed in some of the worst case scenarios, in a tiny ITX case with high ambient temperature.

Same goes whatever boost the AIB's advertise, it's a minimum boost but expect more under normal conditions.

This is why the OC models are such terrible value, many don't boost higher than the non OC.

Back
Top Bottom