• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
Week 37 here, connections are absolutely awfull. Took everything apart removed cables from powersupply and connected them to card first, used a DMM to test each connection and finally it is working.
Any chance to purchase new connection cable or is it just about adding new connector and removing old cable?
Unfortunately here in germany Gigabyte GPU support is nearly non existent. (Told me to contact my dealer, dealer told me to contact Gigabyte)
By the way i'm using Corsair RM 850 and looks like PCIe cables have more trouble to fit the connectors than some less flexible cables from my old one.

Associate
OP
Was that blown connector a 1 to 1 or a 1 to 2 connector? As trying to push 300w through one cable might have been the problem if it was the latter. Like others have said I don't really get why a problem on one end would do that to the other end. Comments about pressure don't make any sense, power is going to the GPU not the other way around. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination but if the cable PSU side is melting I assume that's an issue somewhere between PSU and that connector.

Was it same connector you were using previously? If so perhaps some dust or fibre got caught in the housing where the pins meet.

Agree it should really be at the gpu connector end ..However we do not know exactly what as happened here like i said it does need investigating .the whole lead could have heated up and the weak point was at the psu end..or could just be the psu at fault or even a combo of both gpu and psu . meaning the gpu pins fault brought out the weak point of the psu

But i do stick with the pressure theory if resistance builds up it as to give somewhere. same as you i am no expert in this but do have some understanding in this.

Either way its not good.

Associate
OP
@sewerino26 can you please not ask the same question and send the same messages over and over again? You are severely clogging this useful thread with your SPAM posts. I suppose you've read the entire thread (shouldn't be too hard as half the messages come from yourself) and can make an informed decision yourself by now. If not here is my advice:
- Have a serial number starting with 2037 and down? Don't buy or return
- Have a serial number starting with 2039 and up? Keep
- Have a serial number starting with 2038? Just to be safe don't buy or return (although GIGA-Man said there is mixed stock)

Thx

I was going to put that Information in the OP re 2038 could be mixed stock that's fixed or not but thought i would keep it simple.

Week 37 here, connections are absolutely awfull. Took everything apart removed cables from powersupply and connected them to card first, used a DMM to test each connection and finally it is working.
Any chance to purchase new connection cable or is it just about adding new connector and removing old cable?
Unfortunately here in germany Gigabyte GPU support is nearly non existent. (Told me to contact my dealer, dealer told me to contact Gigabyte)
By the way i'm using Corsair RM 850 and looks like PCIe cables have more trouble to fit the connectors than some less flexible cables from my old one.

Not sure what to advise really ..If it was me and either the shop nor Gigabyte offer no support after trying then i would just get a full refund. Its a lot of money where spending here if its no good from the start what is the point.

I would wait till the dust settles and see what is brought to the table from AMD as its so close now.

Associate
Based on the current info I have, and this is limited to the reports I see here specifically. The connectors are not faulty, however some units after repeat use are developing a problem where the pins become lose and do not make proper connection with the pin outs form the PSU. I will make sure that anyone that has a card with the original connector fault, can report the problem to me directly or on here and I will make sure it gets fixed for you ASAP.
Any update on requests sent today for this service?

Associate
Here is the answer from Gigabyte support.....:

Kindly be aware that change / modify / remove any components on the device voids warranty terms or cause hardware damage. Therefore, we do not suggest you to take your own risk doing this step. If there is any concern about the hardware, we suggest you to contact supplier for further examination.

Associate
Here is the answer from Gigabyte support.....:

Kindly be aware that change / modify / remove any components on the device voids warranty terms or cause hardware damage. Therefore, we do not suggest you to take your own risk doing this step. If there is any concern about the hardware, we suggest you to contact supplier for further examination.

Yikes, what a lazy response. This is on them to fix. As a first time GIGABYTE buyer, I find it fascinating they still haven’t made a public response to this on their social platforms. I get being an early adopter of any new product has its risks but priority one for them right now should be getting replacements out immediately for people that payed this much for their product. The fact that no one really knows what to do if they have a 2038 or earlier SN says something...

Associate
Yikes, what a lazy response. This is on them to fix. As a first time GIGABYTE buyer, I find it fascinating they still haven’t made a public response to this on their social platforms. I get being an early adopter of any new product has its risks but priority one for them right now should be getting replacements out immediately for people that payed this much for their product. The fact that no one really knows what to do if they have a 2038 or earlier SN says something...
If you're in the UK it sounds like it should be a fast fix but I was hoping to have had my collection sorted today, alas no response yet

Associate
If you're in the UK it sounds like it should be a fast fix but I was hoping to have had my collection sorted today, alas no response yet

Im in the U.S. and any sort of acknowledgement as to who the right person is to get in contact with to get this resolved asap has been dead silent. I know @GIGA-Man is UK based, but maybe you can help us U.S. folks get in contact with someone regarding the issue?

Associate
What are the symptoms of faulty connnectors? What if only one pin doesn't connect? Will it always crash immediately or simply won't boot? I'm asking because I have 2038 SN but connnectors look ok and connect smoothly.

Associate
What are the symptoms of faulty connnectors? What if only one pin doesn't connect? Will it always crash immediately or simply won't boot? I'm asking because I have 2038 SN but connnectors look ok and connect smoothly.

I’m not totally sure on this exactly either. Supposedly they’ll shift and bend over time with more use? I fall under #2037 and things look okay, but at the same time if there’s an updated pin component that they can put in my GPU I’d rather do that than risk corrupting my entire machine over a faulty pin that can cause that much damage. The question is, who can we get in contact with that 1.) knows about this problem, and 2.) will make sure this is as speedy as possible so people who bought these gpu’s early can use them. I don’t feel comfortable going through a generic RMA process and would much rather go through a Gigabyte rep like @GIGA-Man but for here is the U.S. Hopefully he hops back in this thread soon with an answer for us.

Ico

Ico

Associate
i had same experience. None of 1y old Gigabyte psu pcie conectors did fit. 5y old Evga psu pcie conectors fitted like glove

Last edited:
Associate
I've got week 37 myself. I've had it where when I started a game for the first time my pc would just shut off. Not sure what the issue is. I'm wondering if it's the GPU issue spoken about here. Do you guys think I should just RMA to get the issue fixed?

Associate
I've got week 37 myself. I've had it where when I started a game for the first time my pc would just shut off. Not sure what the issue is. I'm wondering if it's the GPU issue spoken about here. Do you guys think I should just RMA to get the issue fixed?
Yes, don't chance it

Associate
I've got week 37 myself. I've had it where when I started a game for the first time my pc would just shut off. Not sure what the issue is.

A shutdown like that would usually be a power delivery problem, i.e. your PSU not being able to supply enough power (or not quickly enough) to keep the computer running. It's probably not related to this power connector.

And to everyone else with a week 37 connector, and worried, unplug and plug the power connectors in a few times. If the pins stay in place and it's not difficult to mate these connectors you should be okay.

Back
Top Bottom