• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

I guess you have used 2 separate pci power cables from the psu.

I would check the connectors on the gpu..then wait for GIGA-man to arrange a replacement for you. better to get on the new block

Yeah, using two separate cables from the PSU to each 8 pin.

Hello all,

I've not been on the forums today, will reply to all your direct messages and mentions tomorrow.

Thanks, mate. Appreciate it.

Hey, just checked my serial number and I'm on Wk36. I seemed to have resolved previous CTD issues with bios updates and switching my PSU to single rail. Pins also look ok on my card but do you think it's still worth worrying about and RMAing for a repair sooner rather than later? I suspect pin issues will materialise at some point.

Just completed my build with my Week 37 card today. Was super stressed when connecting the power cables but they went in surprisingly easily. So far no issues, hope it stays this way fingers crossed.

Just completed my build with my Week 37 card today. Was super stressed when connecting the power cables but they went in surprisingly easily. So far no issues, hope it stays this way fingers crossed.

Do you plan on keeping it if everything seems fine? I’m in the same boat and no idea what I wanna do. I definitely want updated connectors if Mike are faulty (even though they seem fine) but I also don’t wanna wait forever and ship this thing out.

thx GIGA-man

Hey @GIGA-Man for some reason I can't DM you, but I'm also new to this thread. Anyone know if he has to follow me or something for this to work?

Edit: While I wait for a response, I did a 3d Mark test and this was my score for those curious - https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/51640357
info here

GIGA-Man said:
Any one that start to have these problems on the cards, please contact [email protected] and I'll get it fixed for you, to save time please include name, address, serial number, check number (these are on the box label) and best day for collection. I'll arrange to have the card collected, fixed and shipped back to you ASAP.

Hey, just checked my serial number and I'm on Wk36. I seemed to have resolved previous CTD issues with bios updates and switching my PSU to single rail. Pins also look ok on my card but do you think it's still worth worrying about and RMAing for a repair sooner rather than later? I suspect pin issues will materialise at some point.

Glad you got it sorted ...if it was me ..it would all ways be on the back of my mind so best to get fixed. its a quick turnaround

Do you plan on keeping it if everything seems fine? I’m in the same boat and no idea what I wanna do. I definitely want updated connectors if Mike are faulty (even though they seem fine) but I also don’t wanna wait forever and ship this thing out.

I live in Canada and the RMA process is basically shipping to Gigabyte USA. Plus, the Gigabyte there hasn't publicly announced that they would upgrade the connectors for free. So with those in mind, I'm probably going to keep it unless I encounter issues.

Hey, what do i do when i live in Norway? :(

I managed to use a playar to bend the pins back into shape(mine was all proper length), but I'm worried for what happens when i start to take the card out\in again. if some pins break off etc. at least i got the card working fine and i can wait for a bit but i want it fixed or swapped out with a proper card.

Thanks, for any advice :rolleyes:

I wonder how many others are using Corsair PS and having some issues.(Searching the Web i found at least 4 people with same issue and RM series PS)
Those PCIe cables they use are really soft makes routing them nice and easy but most likely it is a tradeoff when connecting to non solid pins like used for those new Gigabyte cards.
Hope there is a chance to purchase those cables as it will be an easy fix then. Sending back as RMA without customer service will mean a long long waiting time for sure.
By the way first time using the card i found it is hard to fit the cable, carefully i managed to put them in and PC was working. Starting first 3D application which draws some more power from the card(CSGO Bench did work! Yeah!) did make the screen go
blank and no signal at all after that. I removed the cables and card and could see that 3 pins have been pushed backwards so no good contact anymore. Messing around with the pins and different cable and finally testing all connections card is running
fine but i'm really worried next time i had to remove the card and cables again.

Cheers,

I think the most shocking part of this thread is the lack of reading,
Wk38 or older contact GB in your country, if they don't acknowledge the issue link this forum post.
If you are not from uk, gigaman cannot help, stop asking.
All retailers have to adhere to customer law, if you are unhappy and the support is not there, return the card. I ordered the card on the launch day and still not arrived. Chill, it's not life or death if you have to wait 4 days to get replacement connector fitted you will survive. If you won't, return the card and wait 6 months before you get another brand

I'm from Poland, it happens that Gigabyte is in the same city I live so I called them and they say to bring the card. It took them 15min to replace the connnectors.

@GIGA-Man I'm on a W38 card and it has the heatshrink on the cables, due to the fact that W38 has mixed stock is there ANY way to see if your card has the fixed connectors?
It seems pointless to send the card to Gigabyte if it already has the new connectors.

@GIGA-Man I'm on a W38 card and it has the heatshrink on the cables, due to the fact that W38 has mixed stock is there ANY way to see if your card has the fixed connectors?
It seems pointless to send the card to Gigabyte if it already has the new connectors.
Yeah I also have a week 38 card, had no issues, but would also like a way to determine if its the new connector. Save me sending back to only find that its already got it

Have some shiny extension cables coming, so will have to unplug/plug cables in a few weeks

Back
Top Bottom