• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Hi guys. I bought new Rtx Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC. First serial numbers are:2042.... So i believe new connector revision? I am waiting for new parts of pc. So card is actually now in box.

seems im on week 43 on a vision OC, so not affected if im correct, i did notice that my previous corsair braided premium cables simply didnt fit into the power connectors, had to swap them out for standard ones.

Yeah super annoying these types of faults ...it seems to point toward card or psu ..my i suggest you try another set of psu pcie power cables and i assume you have more than 2 pci-e power ports on the psu try different ports

I assume your suing 2 sets of pcie power cables to the card
Yeah I am, I'm using two separate cables.

So got my 3080 on Saturday, seems to have the new style connector and not had any trouble with the pins.

just out of interest what are peoples idle temps on this card? mines going under water once the block arrives but it seems to idle around 45-50 with no fans spinning.. (I understand this is the default profile) is that about right or are people putting custom profiles on the fan curve to bring it down?

So got my 3080 on Saturday, seems to have the new style connector and not had any trouble with the pins.

just out of interest what are peoples idle temps on this card? mines going under water once the block arrives but it seems to idle around 45-50 with no fans spinning.. (I understand this is the default profile) is that about right or are people putting custom profiles on the fan curve to bring it down?

Why would you want it down from 45-50?

Many cards are setup by deafult so that the fans don't start spinning until it reaches 50 degrees or whatever the standard profile is. What 3080 have you got?

Why would you want it down from 45-50?

because I am used to coming from a card that idles this time of year at 28-30 degrees

Many cards are setup by deafult so that the fans don't start spinning until it reaches 50 degrees or whatever the standard profile is. What 3080 have you got?

GeForce RTX™ 3080 GAMING OC 10G

I understand this is the case. and the fans don't come on till 50+ degrees, just wondering if idle temps in the high 40's is OK.

Mine idles at 30 with fans off.

The card you list just shows that it's an OC version. Which manufacturer and model?

ops sorry. its the GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB GAMING OC

reading around the web it seems fine and the idle in the 40's but never really hit high temps... just run heaven and at 1440p extreme highest temp was 61 degrees.

ops sorry. its the GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB GAMING OC

reading around the web it seems fine and the idle in the 40's but never really hit high temps... just run heaven and at 1440p extreme highest temp was 61 degrees.

Yeah, I haven't got the heating on at the moment so I imagine when the house is at 21 mine would easily be in the 40's I reckon. I've left mine at default fan profile as when not using it the system is very quiet. I usually stick an AIO radiator on my cards and I will when NZXT make a 3080 compatible bracket. Forgot how noisy fan cooled cards are. Warms my gaming room up nicely in the eves, so when I walk out into corridor when going to bed I realise how bloomin' cold the rest of the house is.

Update on my RMA - I spoke to someone at OC this morning who advised they were sending me a new card out today, which seemed like great news as it's only been 3 working days since I sent my card back. As usual, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is... I asked them to check the card they were sending me and, after waiting on hold for 5 mins, the guy came back to me to tell me that the new card they were going to send me has the faulty power connector. No-one would've checked if I hadn't specifically asked for it to be looked at before it was sent to me.

So now I'm back to waiting for a delivery of my specific card with no-one knowing when exactly that will be. Honestly couldn't be more disappointed with this whole experience. I'm having to work from an antiquated laptop because my workstation won't function, with no end in sight.

I'll not be purchasing another Gigabyte product after this and will strongly recommend those I know to avoid them also.

because I am used to coming from a card that idles this time of year at 28-30 degrees

GeForce RTX™ 3080 GAMING OC 10G

I understand this is the case. and the fans don't come on till 50+ degrees, just wondering if idle temps in the high 40's is OK.

Its fine with no fans running. There card is drawing minimal power this way.

Update on my RMA - I spoke to someone at OC this morning who advised they were sending me a new card out today, which seemed like great news as it's only been 3 working days since I sent my card back. As usual, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is... I asked them to check the card they were sending me and, after waiting on hold for 5 mins, the guy came back to me to tell me that the new card they were going to send me has the faulty power connector. No-one would've checked if I hadn't specifically asked for it to be looked at before it was sent to me.

So now I'm back to waiting for a delivery of my specific card with no-one knowing when exactly that will be. Honestly couldn't be more disappointed with this whole experience. I'm having to work from an antiquated laptop because my workstation won't function, with no end in sight.

I'll not be purchasing another Gigabyte product after this and will strongly recommend those I know to avoid them also.

I said it a thousand times. gigabyte is one gigantic turd. I feel for you, hope you get it sorted asap.

I said it a thousand times. gigabyte is one gigantic turd. I feel for you, hope you get it sorted asap.

they sent me a new card and it arrived today - week 46 card and power connector seems fine. However, I've installed it and get black screens along with artifacts in games, stress tests and even when just idle on the desktop.

I have no idea what to do here, have never built a PC before and now I'm lost. currently performing a Memtest to see if my RAM is the issue, but after searching google and seeing all the forum posts across the web about the black screen issue, a lot of the time on Gigabyte 30 series OC'd cards, I think it's gotta be the card and not anything else in my system. Memtest is currently on pass 4/4 and no errors found so far.

I don't know what to do. Guess I just send the card back, get a refund, and sit at the very back of the queue for a diff model - after having to wait nearly 2 months to get my parts in the first place, I can't express how disappointed I am right now.

they sent me a new card and it arrived today - week 46 card and power connector seems fine. However, I've installed it and get black screens along with artifacts in games, stress tests and even when just idle on the desktop.

I have no idea what to do here, have never built a PC before and now I'm lost. currently performing a Memtest to see if my RAM is the issue, but after searching google and seeing all the forum posts across the web about the black screen issue, a lot of the time on Gigabyte 30 series OC'd cards, I think it's gotta be the card and not anything else in my system. Memtest is currently on pass 4/4 and no errors found so far.

I don't know what to do. Guess I just send the card back, get a refund, and sit at the very back of the queue for a diff model - after having to wait nearly 2 months to get my parts in the first place, I can't express how disappointed I am right now.

Crashing in desktop doesn't sound like a GPU issue.

Start from the top.
Reset bios to stock .
Test CPU.
Test memory.
Update bios.
Check all you mem stick are fully in.

Crashing in desktop doesn't sound like a GPU issue.

Start from the top.
Reset bios to stock .
Test CPU.
Test memory.
Update bios.
Check all you mem stick are fully in.

thanks for the advice - couple of questions on the steps - I don't think I can reset BIOS as I'm using a ryzen 5800x CPU on a b550 motherboard, so I had to flash the motherboard with a bios update prior to installing the CPU.

I've tested memory on MemTest86, all 4 passes ran fine with no issue. all RAM is seated correctly.

so really I don't think there's much else I can actually do? how would you test the CPU?

apologies if I'm talking nonsense here, I'm new to all this.

thanks for the advice - couple of questions on the steps - I don't think I can reset BIOS as I'm using a ryzen 5800x CPU on a b550 motherboard, so I had to flash the motherboard with a bios update prior to installing the CPU.

I've tested memory on MemTest86, all 4 passes ran fine with no issue. all RAM is seated correctly.

so really I don't think there's much else I can actually do? how would you test the CPU?

apologies if I'm talking nonsense here, I'm new to all this.

Is the bios stock? IE no overclocking. Return it to basic setting. Everything stock just maybe just xmp enabled.

Download occt.

It gives you CPU test.
Memory test.
Gfx test.
Psu test.

Run each see what that turns up if anything.

Is the bios stock? IE no overclocking. Return it to basic setting. Everything stock just maybe just xmp enabled.

Download occt.

It gives you CPU test.
Memory test.
Gfx test.
Psu test.

Run each see what that turns up if anything.

yeah, I haven't changed anything in bios except enabling XMP for the RAM. I'll run occt and see what I find. thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom