• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
OP
HI guys, i just received my 3080 gaming today, 2042 is the sn, no heat shrink tho which is weird, all the pin look to be good, not one is in deeper than the other.

You are most likely on the new block without heat shrink..Still waiting on confirmation from Giga-man re all this.. but he seems to have gone quite atm so where not 100% sure.

Install the card and enjoy

thx for sharing

Associate
OP
Np, thank you for making this thread.

Your Welcome

Thanks for the reply anyway. I will try a 850 Seasonic Focus GX. I also contacted Gigabyte to see what they say. If it works with the 850W psu, apparently my RM750x has a problem. If it's the GPU, i have 2 weeks to return anyway.

Yeah let us know how you get on

Still no response from @GIGA-Man should i rather just rma it? is there any way to return the card for a refund as im really annoyed that they shipped the cards without proper testing/ inferior parts.

Seems @GIGA-Man gone into hiding or GB as a whole are trying to stum this thread maybe ..but that's my tinfoil hat being warmed up :( maybe give the rep until the weekend to respond ..then if no response RMA as normal ..personally if it was me in your situation i would just get a full refund and have done with it .. Its a lot of money to be spending for a shoddy problem from the start caused by GB.

Associate
OP
I powered on my PC today on the first day of a 2 week holiday I need and started playing then screen went black and system reboot but screen never came back on again!

After putting in another system found the graphics card was the culprit and on checking my serial it starts with 2036 so I guess this is part of this known fault and the timing of it dying just could not be worse! Is it best to RMA through overclockers.co.uk or direct with Gigabyte?

Where are you based ??

*Edit
If your in the UK then use this as supplied by @GIGA-Man

[email protected]

Make sure to add the following to the email

Name
Address
contact number
Copy of invoice
Best day for collection... (if you want the card back quickly, Mondays and Tuesday are best for collections)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
My 3080 gaming OC arrived today. Week 37! I thought they were no longer sending the old ones.

I will install it tomorrow. I never unplug my graphics cards when in until I am selling them. Hopefully, it will be alright.

The pins look nice and straight with the naked eye, don’t know if you can see in the pic?

7tDjyaPl.jpg

Thx for sharing ..yeah they usually all look ok from new with nothing ever been plugged in them.. guess you will know once you install tomorrow if you have any problems trying to get the pcie power in ..personally even if it all plugs in with no problems it would still be in the back of my mind not knowing if the problem would happen later on plugging in out ect ..

If it plugs in with no problems guess use it.. then once all the dust settles and there is good stock send it in & get on the new connector block... its what i would do

Associate
OP
Hi,

I'm from France. I have received yesterday my brand new Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision (s/n 2042) ... But sadly it doesn't work.
After many checkings and cables replacing, i see some issue on the 6 pin connector ... one of them is more pressed in than the others, as you can see on pictures below.

Then i found many pages on the internet about this issue ... As i can read on the first thread, issue seems to be still present on Gigabyte RTX 3070 ... Throught the backplate, it seems to be the old connectors type.

I made a RMA with my retailer , Materiel.net webshop (LDLC Group branch) ... Waiting for their reply early this next week ...

@GIGA-Man : Does Gigabyte have support for this issue with retailers or customers in France ?

Thanks for your replies and this helpfull thread !

Cordialement

JB

Oh my this is not good to hear re the 3070's being effected looks like i will have to update OP on this

thx for sharing this and letting us know ..hope you get sorted quickly

@GIGA-Man any idea what's happened here when these where suppose to have the new connector block ?

Associate
OP
Ok, what the hell? I got the card back today, and plugged in the cables to check that they would go in this time. They did, so I took them out, and slotted the GPU into my PC. Then when I went to put the cables back in, suddenly they wouldn't go in anymore. Apparently the pins were fragile enough that one connect and disconnect set them out of place. It would seem that Gigabyte just put a bandaid on the connector problem. So I remain stuck with my old GPU yet again.

EDIT: Used a small needle to straighten out the pins, which fixed the connection issues. But for a £650 product, the user really shouldn't have to be doing that.

That is not good to hear at all.
So it seems even the new blocks can have issues also

If it was me i would just send it back and get a full refund its not worth the trouble. Not with the amount these cards cost.

Associate
OP
Yeah, UK. I heard a bunch of good stuff about their RMA process. But it would seem my experience was contrary to that. I emailed them about the fact that the card was still faulty, they insisted that it was fine when they tested it, and suggested I either use a small screwdriver to straighten out the pins, or send it back to the retailer I got it from for a refund or replacement. So yeah, I'll be thinking twice before buying a Gigabyte GPU again in future. Which is a shame, since the 970 and 1080 G1 were both great and had no issues for me.

This is not good to hear at all . So just to clarify you had a problem with the 1st card you received.. then you RMA'd and now the replacement is having the same problem and now on top of that Gigabyte are asking you to straighten out the pins.

They should not be telling you to straighten out the pins with a screw driver on an expensive graphics card. It should have been fixed & the end USER the paying customer should not have to be bodging fixing things.

I would send it back and get a full refund at this point no matter how much you want the card and how difficult the cards are to buy.

Whichever option you go for hope this is sorted for you quickly.
I think there's enough information coming in to safely say that this issue has not been addressed by Gigabyte. We really need some clear indication so the users can identify whether they have the modified connectors. This mish mash of cable ties and shrink wrap causes confusion and we don't seem to know what we've received.

I'm expecting delivery of my Vision tomorrow and will give an update once I have it in my hands.

Totally agree with you on this. This whole thing is becoming a complete mess tbh .

I am that confused atm i do not even know what to put in the OP any more last thing i want to do is confuse peeps.

We do need more clarity re how does the paying customer identify if there on the new or old connector block. As it seems now there is many reports of cards over Wk39 and even cards that have been RMA'd and supposedly fixed coming back having the same problem.

And there is even reports of the 3070's being effected too.

I've talked to my HQ and they have assured me that all cards now produced are using only the new connector. If you do have any new cards from WK 40 onwards with issues please mail me with your serial number and images of the pins. I will make sure this is getting looked into.

Thanks for the Info so are we moving from Wk39 to Wk40 now of cards that could be on the old block ?

Also any update re the 3070's having the same connector block issues ?

Associate
OP
To address some of the confusion..

Cards from WK39 were fixed but as stated there could have been mixed stock.

I have been told, all cards after this production date had the power connectors changed to the new versions.

I've reported to my HQ that based on this thread, there are week 42 cards with pin problems report. I've been assured these are not the old connectors and it's being investigated that this is being reported. I am also talking with my RMA department about the cards we have had returned to make sure they are being tested correctly after being swapped.

thx for the info

Just got my card today and have the same issues as this chap by the sounds of it. Week 42 card, the connector won't go in on the nearest IO port and one of the pins looks "weird". I took a few pictures before I tried it, and it looked suspect. I tried to plug a cable into it, and it just meets resistance and won't go beyond about 3/4 the way in. Tried a different cable to make sure, and it was the same issues (both cables plug in fine into the other block on the card).

thx for sharing ..so i wonder if even the new blocks are having problems too or this is a wk42 card that somehow is still on the old block .

Quick update for you guys:

I'm from the U.S. and sent my Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080 mid October after noticing the soldered pins were bent and the connectors themselves were loose. I called up Gigabyte and set up and RMA letting them know exactly the problem. After a few weeks, I got the card back today and just wanted you guys thew check this for me. It does not have the heat shrink wrap around the cables, so I'm assuming they just stopped doing that. But they clearly replaced the connectors as they're different than what I had before. Here are pictures I took just now of the new connectors. Am I good?

Here

thx for the info update and photo's enjoy the card

So got my card, week 42. One of the connector slots I couldn't connector to no matter how hard I tried, the pins visually looked fine to me but the connector wouldn't go in on the slot nearest the IO panel. The other connector slot worked perfectly fine with both connectors so I know its not the connectors. Will be contacting Giga-man and see what my options are for a refund rather than a "repair" since several people have reported still having difficulties even after RMA.

Hope its resolved quickly for you ..and agree with you a refund is the better option

Associate
OP
Update: I also got issue with the connector too. One of the connector pins is misaligned. Can't push the 8-pin connector. Had to use tweezer and work my way through this. As updated in earlier posts. This is also from new batch (USA stock).

Not good to hear this what Wk are you?

So I signed up to this forum just to address my problem. Received my RTX 3080 Vision today and couldn't get the power connector in properly. It did go deep enough so it would power on, but it cost a lot of effort. So I was thinking of returning the card, however I already waited a long time for this card, so rather not be without a card as it is working now.

It stated in the first post that the Vision wasn't affected. However, I can confirm it is. So I was wondering (as I'm from the Netherlands) if there a way to get this fixed as quickly as possible or is the mentioned email address solely for UK customers? If I start the RMA process with the webshop it could take a long time before I get a replacement. Let me know if anyone needs more information (eg. serial numbers etc.)

Thank you for informing me ..I assumed the vision would have the same problem eventually but i was told it would not....these Blocks are a nightmare and really shows what a rubbish design it really is i hope to never see this type of design again on such expensive cards... i will update the OP ..as for your card maybe wait until there is good stock at the shop then you can get on the new block or card replaced ..

Associate
OP
My card arrived back from GB today. Picked up Tuesday, back Friday. Impressive stuff.

I haven’t had a chance to install it yet, but it all looks good. Still no heat shrink on the cabling, but it all looks a lot neater and everything seems aligned better. I’m sure it will be fine. I’ll report back when I install it.

This is the RMA report. I can’t make head nor tail of it though.

01LWl3Cl.jpg

Thx for the update ..that was very quick ..that is a strange report because your card was working so wrong error there..... guess they have no error report from rubbish connector block :p let us know how you get on

Associate
OP
I'm still having random shutdowns, Been trying to rack my brain on what it is. I'm narrowing it down to either PSU or GPU. I just installed new RAM and it's still doing the shutdowns on that. I doubt it's the PSU considering it's a 1000w. So I'm dreading that it's the card. I did already RMA it to get the power connector issue fixed.

hope the RMA is quick for you

Hi All. Just joined up to participate in this discussion as I recently installed a Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC (about three weeks ago). It's a week 42 and does not have the heat shrink, but I saw @GIGA-Man state that the "fixed" connectors won't necessarily have the heat shrink. MY PC has actually been running great, I was considering swapping out the cables for those Lian Li RGB cables but a friend of mine directed me to this thread. Not gonna lie now I'm nervous to even breath on these connectors :) This is my first gaming tower (I've always gamed on an Asus laptop). But at the same time I don't want to live in fear of touching my PC so I'll probably just give it a go and see what happens. I do wish there was a definitive way to tell whether or not I have the new connectors but based on a few posts it seems possible that even week 42 cards are faulty? If I discover any issues I'll post them here. Thanks for this thread it has been super helpful....

Thanks for sharing . agree you should not have be worried about a product breaking by doing such a simple task more so the cost of these things.

Hope all go's well putting the new cables on let us know how you get on.

heya, i got my 3080 eagle today and its a wk43 so should be the new connector, the pcie pins are super big so the fit is very tight, took multiple tried and making sure pins were straight as they bent when trying to get it plugged in, ive managed to get them both in now but im wondering if i should just RMA it or wait for this to be figured out and sorted before i waste my time considering i have an updated one.

If its working atm just get using it ..then once all the dust settles and there is more stock on the shelves then RMA it just to make sure you on the new block.

Either way its something that will be in the back of your mind ..and that is something no one should have to worry about to say how much these cards cost.

Associate
OP
Hi everyone! I joined because 2 days ago I recieved the 3080 GAMING OC Gigabyte and when my gf was trying to install it we found the pcu port problem reported here. We are from spain and it seems that the customer service here is not good. Our ticket is still pending of processing : ( any idea or help?

edit: typo

what WK is your card and you are having the same problems with the pins is this correct .

If so i can only advise you contact GIGABYTE Spain on the website to start an RMA ..or maybe the shop you bought it from may be aware of the this problem which may be the quicker option re returning getting fixed.

Link them this thread that may help .

Back
Top Bottom