• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
So today, I removed drivers completely and re-installed latest set just to eliminate driver issues.
My boy wanted to to play some fortnite so thought it would be a good time to test any CTD's. 3 in a 1 hour window.

As promised, checked the power connectors afterwards. I'll be honest they don't look too bad the top left pin looks a little skewed but otherwise they all look central. they're a little loose when touching with a screwdriver but the power connectors went back on with no issue.

YBCFhZt.jpg

So you keeps crashing to desktop? What can that be because of if it isn't the power connectors?

Associate
honestly, not sure at the minute. going through each probable cause one at a time. I was selfishly hoping it was the power connector as it's a known issue and fixable.
Drivers are ok, PSU is more than adequate, temps are good. CPU isn't overclocked although memory is. That said, it's ran rock solid for 9 months and the balistix are well known to run at 3600.
Clean install of windows tomorrow and I'll be out options.
Downclocking seems to help a bit, but haven't eliminated the issue altogether. it's a tricky on to test. the crashes aren't consistent when gaming.

Associate
honestly, not sure at the minute. going through each probable cause one at a time. I was selfishly hoping it was the power connector as it's a known issue and fixable.
Drivers are ok, PSU is more than adequate, temps are good. CPU isn't overclocked although memory is. That said, it's ran rock solid for 9 months and the balistix are well known to run at 3600.
Clean install of windows tomorrow and I'll be out options.
Downclocking seems to help a bit, but haven't eliminated the issue altogether. it's a tricky on to test. the crashes aren't consistent when gaming.

I was having crashing issues as well when I installed the 3080 although all was working fine before that with a 1080ti. Turned out that my 8yr old 750W PSU just wasn't up to the task. I replaced it with a new 850W and the crashes stopped.

Associate
I was having crashing issues as well when I installed the 3080 although all was working fine before that with a 1080ti. Turned out that my 8yr old 750W PSU just wasn't up to the task. I replaced it with a new 850W and the crashes stopped.

I have a 9 month old Corsair HXi 1200W, it's barely breaking into a sweat. It could be an issue I guess but will be one the last things to check, my old PSU in the loft unfortunately won't cope.

Associate
Honestly, if your heart is set on the gigabyte I'd order. The orders are going to take a while to fulfil and by the time you receive you should get the newer connector.

Associate
reaally?:) So order then :) ? I mean no issues with connectors,card physically pins?

No issues at all, just plugged it in and its working great. If it's the card you want then go for it, you will have warranty for it and it seems like there customer service is being great if you are in need to get it fixed.

Associate
OP
I have a 9 month old Corsair HXi 1200W, it's barely breaking into a sweat. It could be an issue I guess but will be one the last things to check, my old PSU in the loft unfortunately won't cope.

I very much doubt its your psu but you never know .. and the pins look fine on the card and that's a good plan to wait it out until there is good stock and so to get the new connector box .

It may have been said in the other thread of yours ..but have you tried the card in another pc ? or maybe try different pci e power connector out of the psu and cables i assume there is more than 2 ..

Associate
Gigabyte rep stated that it only effects early stock. so all cards made going forward will be fixed with the revised power connector box. we are still waiting on which serial numbered cards are effected. hopeful we will get this information.

What I haven’t fully understood are if all are affected by this issue. I’ll pick my card up tomorrow, but will most likely take a loss and sell it as I’m scared of this issue.

Back
Top Bottom