• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
So basically keep refreshing the gpu page on nvidias site until it pops up

No you’ll never get one like that. Read back through the thread and you’ll see this question asked and answered with instructions to the stock notification channels for discord. :)

You don’t need to go back far at all, it comes up every few days, especially just after a stock drop.

Associate
No you’ll never get one like that. Read back through the thread and you’ll see this question asked and answered with instructions to the stock notification channels for discord. :)

You don’t need to go back far at all, it comes up every few days, especially just after a stock drop.
Just done this, I had noticed some before but they seemed to be US based. But found one covering Europe too

Soldato
So just reading here when Nvidia release the resize bar support in a driver existing 3000 series owners will need to flash a vBIOS to the GPU.

As FE owners where do we get that from? I've never seen vBIOS's hosted on the Nvidia website. :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
So just reading here when Nvidia release the resize bar support in a driver existing 3000 series owners will need to flash a vBIOS to the GPU.

As FE owners where do we get that from? I've never seen vBIOS's hosted on the Nvidia website. :confused:

Pretty sure there will be a link to it on Nvidia website with the driver. I can hardly see Nvidia releasing the driver and not including the GPU BIOS can you, think about it. For all we know the FE might not need a new BIOS might already be in there. Just AIB that need the new BIOS. :)

Associate

I've been following the UKstockalert twitter which is how I got my 3070 FE. One thing which confuses me is I get notifications from their discord all the time - but they're never links to the products.

What do the notifications even mean? I probably get like 10 a day. I naively think every time there's a notification a card has gone in stock somewhere, but I never know where.

Associate
6bba30015d8c53da764a4371a45313e6.png

Into the "Draw of a future build" it goes. The hunt for a 5900X continues.

Associate
So what program are you guys using for a custom fan curve apart from MSI AB?
I've been delving deeper into ICUE software from Corsair and it seems pretty decent to be fair.
Obviously having a Corsair PSU helps but it shows the 3090FE up separately so you can customise it.

There is a very slight RGB line on top of the card which you can customise and also the GEFORCE RTX white logo can be adjusted, only dimmer, pulsing or off though.

My previous Graphics cards have all been adjusted with MSI AB but right now it's just not playing ball like it should, might do a reset, see if that fixes it, but for the time being Ill be using ICUE

Soldato
I've been following the UKstockalert twitter which is how I got my 3070 FE. One thing which confuses me is I get notifications from their discord all the time - but they're never links to the products.

What do the notifications even mean? I probably get like 10 a day. I naively think every time there's a notification a card has gone in stock somewhere, but I never know where.

yeah I had the same issue, I moved to telegram channels, but turns out a privacy setting in discord was blocking the links, so check there. The bots must be doing something to trigger it as humans were pasting links fine.

A2B

A2B

Associate
Yeah been looking at the pre-build sites, they either don't list the 5900X or it's on pre order with no time frame.

when I originally started my new build I was planning on the 5800x. Until I realised that you can get a used 3950x for not much more (I actually got a similar deal on a new unused one). Single core is not quite as good, but it's decent and if you have the core workload (not games) it's great.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've ordered a custom one from here:
https://www.moddiy.com/products/Cus...ble-for-NVIDIA-RTX-30-Series-Mini-12-Pin.html

Comes from the US though, so I've no idea when it will arrive as their website states that all airmail has been suspended (covid), so its coming over via boat......

It comes from Hong Kong, not US :)

I think last time I accidently did order by boat, took about month and half. airmail was between 1 week - 2 weeks for varying orders. (about 5 different orders in all from them for various builds)

Associate
I managed to snag a 3090FE on Thursday night from Nvidia, it's coming tomorrow. In 20 odd years I think I've only ever had a "reference Card" once, that was my 680 SLI but these FE's look sexy AF.

I excite! though still gotta wait for cpu, mb, psu, ssd and cooler to arrive over the next week or so.

Back
Top Bottom