• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
just checked ebay and the number of 3080 “pictures” deliver digitally is crazy.

does that actually work with eBay?

They normally put in the description not to buy and it is only to try and stop the bots since they are purchasing then having to go manually cancel their purchases. Whatever stops both the bots and scalpers is worth a try imho.

Associate
3090FE's still available.
People who say the value of these cards will plummet, of course they will lose value, its only natural.

I paid £900 for my Aorus 1080Ti Extreme 3 years ago, it was £1200 on the OCUK website at that same time, I've just sold it for £400 cash, a few weeks ago it wouldn't of fetched much more than £300.

All top end graphics cards will lose a lot of money unless you scalp at a time when others are desperate to get hold of the latest and greatest.

I'm getting pretty tired of people saying why buy the 3090 when the 3080 is a close competitor, well I too was in the market for a 3080FE, I read lots of info and reviews and waited to see if a 3080ti was coming with more vram (and probably around £1000) but it didn't, not yet anyway, so was I going to buy a highly sought after 3080 which is much faster but with less vram than my 1080ti ? No!
I'm keeping this 3090FE for a while and want to future proof the GPU side of my PC.

Cue the ' you don't need all that vram' rants,
We might do soon!

Soldato
Already some twit with on auction site (probably a forum member) with one up for sale with invoice info for nearly £1400.

This is the problem.

You seen his feedback and other items for sale? 5600s, PS5s, xBoxes :rolleyes::o

Edit: Okay, might not be the same person you've seen but still.

Edit 2: Found the one you were referring to. They did the same with a 3060ti too.

Last edited:

A2B

A2B

Associate
My payment is still pending on amazon pay so I am paranoid, but someone posted a link before the bot did and people are now wondering about a faster channel somewhere (which I have always suspected).

The problem might be that with the 3080 scarcity and how much they can be scalped (way more profit than the other cards), corruption may have set in. As in, some insider might be passing the link around to their buddies before releasing it publicly.

I mean, the alerters are cool 'n' all, but it's crazy that Nvidia's own site doesn't show the link until it's already sold out. They may as well not show it at all. Of course when they have more stock (like the 70 & 90) there's usually enough time, but 3080's you gotta be fast and, it seems, lucky, especially if they do release them in tiny batches rather than all at once. From what others are saying, they got there later than me, but still got one whereas I didn't. So it seems to be lucky timing after you get there/refresh, not just getting there fast enough.

Soldato
The problem might be that with the 3080 scarcity and how much they can be scalped (way more profit than the other cards), corruption may have set in. As in, some insider might be passing the link around to their buddies before releasing it publicly.

I mean, the alerters are cool 'n' all, but it's crazy that Nvidia's own site doesn't show the link until it's already sold out. They may as well not show it at all. Of course when they have more stock (like the 70 & 90) there's usually enough time, but 3080's you gotta be fast and, it seems, lucky, especially if they do release them in tiny batches rather than all at once. From what others are saying, they got there later than me, but still got one whereas I didn't. So it seems to be lucky timing after you get there/refresh, not just getting there fast enough.

If I was running one of these alert channels, there would be temptation to have an inner group with first dabs, I will be more surprised if it wasnt happening than if it is.

A2B

A2B

Associate
Yup. Not sure I’ll enable that though as reports are it hurts performance in MSFS2020. Either way, I’ll be a happy man if I can pair the new cpu with a 3080 this weekend.

The drivers should enable it on a case-by-case basis. If it hurts a game they will silently turn it off.

Back
Top Bottom