• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Caporegime
Already some twit with on auction site (probably a forum member) with one up for sale with invoice info for nearly £1400.

This is the problem.

Nice way to make £700 for little effort. Sad but will keep happening whilst supplies are so constrained and demand is high.

Why you'd buy a scalped 3080 over a 3090FE is beyond me though. The 3090 is usually available for hours after the drops.

Soldato
When this is all over, there's gonna be a huge surplus of cards on the secondhand market that no one is gonna want. The whole furlough/working from home/lockdowns is a big contributor to the boom in demand for tech as people literally have nothing to do.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I've only received a first email, but then again I'm questioning my sanity in buying a £1400 GPU so I'd almost prefer if they cancelled. I'm like a damn crack addict with computer gear.

If you can afford it, do it as you won’t be disappointed.

If you can’t, cancel the mofo now before you get charged!

Caporegime
When this is all over, there's gonna be a huge surplus of cards on the secondhand market that no one is gonna want. The whole furlough/working from home/lockdowns is a big contributor to the boom in demand for tech as people literally have nothing to do.

This is what stops me picking up the 3090FE, it's value will absolutely nose dive at some point

Soldato
This is what stops me picking up the 3090FE, it's value will absolutely nose dive at some point
It will lose at least half its value if there's an abundance of them around, i'd be surprised if it holds the 1k mark around June/July time that's if the scalping situation is still here and the cards are still out of stock.

HRL

HRL

Soldato

Come on, outside of scalping, nobody buys a GPU as an investment.

I’ve yet to ever sell an old GPU, they tend to get given away.

Giving my old RX480 8Gb to my nephew as a budget first build.

Caporegime
Come on, outside of scalping, nobody buys a GPU as an investment.

I’ve yet to ever sell an old GPU, they tend to get given away.

Giving my old RX480 8Gb to my nephew as a budget first build.

I don't mean buying it as an investment, but normally I sell my GPUs when I upgrade. Loosing a couple of hundred quid I can stomach but with the 3090 its likely to be closer to a grand in a couple of years.

Thats money I could use better elsewhere.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I don't mean buying it as an investment, but normally I sell my GPUs when I upgrade. Loosing a couple of hundred quid I can stomach but with the 3090 its likely to be closer to a grand in a couple of years.

Ah, fair enough. IMO I think they’ll hold their value a little better than that.

The 3090FE cooling is definitely superior and it does have longer legs than the 3080’s, albeit not as much as we’d all have liked.

Hell, I’ve seen people with 3090FE’s getting more performance out of them than some of the more expensive AIB cards.

Soldato
I got an alert through Ctrl Alt Stock discord group, it was strange as it seemed to know the drop was happening ahead of time. A few minutes later it seemed to happen but the buy button never appeared for me and it just went out of stock. I didn't refresh fast enough obviously.

Sold out in 15 seconds apparently lol. The whole stock availability situation is a farce. I read in a newspaper that PS5's are due a big stock push soon, scalpers will be setting their bots up in readiness I'm sure.

Associate

Yeah I keep thinking 'do I regret not buying that HD 6990?' years ago. Then again, this is glorious for today.

If you can afford it, do it as you won’t be disappointed.

If you can’t, cancel the mofo now before you get charged!
Sage advice. I can afford it, but... damn COVID has made me weird and indecisive.

Paid a good chunk of VAT? oh well, just enjoy it - so many don't have a RTX 3080 and will be fretting for months...
Also good advice :)

Back
Top Bottom