• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
I am waiting for my pads to arrive as well. My 3080 sounds like a Dyson whilst RT gaming lol (GPU fans are at 2.6k+ RPM).

pads arrived today, and spent about 90 mins to change.

Only played gta for 10 mins as I need to go out. But vram temps max 80c, gpu 69c, fans at 1200rpm max.

Only small change to gpu temp but at least 10c down for vram and fans running 200rpm less. Before that vram was around 94 to 98c while gaming.

Associate
Got myself a 3090, after seeing the choice of 3 i just thought sod it and went for it.

Went on my break at work at 10:00, got the FE Part Alert for all 3 at 10:03, order placed at 10:07 after my bank rejecting it the first time and having to do it again.

Just received the picked/dispatched email at 16:13.

Rather excited! Been running my GTX980 since I bought it in 2014. If this 3090 lasts as long as that, I'll be more than happy.

Associate
Got myself a 3090, after seeing the choice of 3 i just thought sod it and went for it.

Went on my break at work at 10:00, got the FE Part Alert for all 3 at 10:03, order placed at 10:07 after my bank rejecting it the first time and having to do it again.

Rather excited! Been running my GTX980 since I bought it in 2014. If this 3090 lasts as long as that, I'll be more than happy.
I haven't got the picked and dispatched email yet now I'm worried that it will be cancelled :(

Associate

My 3090 has just been despatched too! Great news as I haven't had a GPU since I sold my Vega 64 a month or so ago.

Associate
Finally bagged a 3080 on my fourth attempt, I finally realised I hadn't updated my invoice address only my delivery one and it kept blocking the purchase on previous weeks.

I also picked up a bargain SFF Asus z11 pc barebones that only needed a Gpu and Ssd on Ebay an hour earlier, truly blessed today!

Associate
pads arrived today, and spent about 90 mins to change.

Only played gta for 10 mins as I need to go out. But vram temps max 80c, gpu 69c, fans at 1200rpm max.

Only small change to gpu temp but at least 10c down for vram and fans running 200rpm less. Before that vram was around 94 to 98c while gaming.
I didn’t change the pads in the end.

The replacement card works much better, slightly lower VRAM temps. and no crazy 2k+ RPM of fans. The only thing I have done is to undervolt it, which has lowered the temps. and coil whine noise… so very happy with it.

VRAM temps. still peaking in the 90C’s (not 100C’s) but I got 3 years to bug Nvidia if I need to.

Last edited:
Soldato
I cancelled my order for the 3090...

...then got it reinstated. :D

Just need to order the rest of the machine to put it in now.

The emotional whirlwind of expensive purchases is all to relatable :p
What size/form factor are you going for? I saw a lovely Mini ITX case deal recently.

Back
Top Bottom