• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Its really not. £400+ for an extra 5-8% performance over a vanilla 3080, plus a reputation for a somewhat poor cooling performance.
Sorry missed typed I meant that the 3080ti IS the best out of the bunch.

Sorry for the miss understanding....but i'll keep my 3090FE :p

The extra Vram helps in DCS.My old 2070 was hitting temps of 82c now this card wont even break into a sweat as it hits 62c while gaming.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its really not. £400+ for an extra 5-8% performance over a vanilla 3080, plus a reputation for a somewhat poor cooling performance.
Yeah it really isn't worth it, i wish too i had waited on a 3080 FE but i was able to get a 3090 ref card at launch for MSRP and considering what people have been paying for them in the last few months i don't feel so bad.

From my testing on the games i play im about 10-15% faster on average but it really doesn't warrant the price. They never advertised this card as a gaming card though, more of a work card that can game as well if you have use for the 24gb vram.

Soldato
I’m really enjoying the 3080FE, having come from a 1080Ti and before that a Vega64. RT and DLSS are superb, performance in MSFS2020 and CP2077 are miles better. Im only running 1440p though so there’s loads of headroom.

Associate
That still doesn't make sense! :cry:

It is the worst of the bunch as @Cooper said, inferior cooler and priced between a 3080/90.

The 3080ti can't be the worst card come on.:eek:.

I tried to get a 3080 FE then tried for a 3080ti so when I came across the 3090 FE I took it.

Yes price wise the pricing is whack all round and has set us up to get screwed in the future now that they know that people were willing to pay Scalper prices.

Soldato
I think the point is with the 3080Ti FE is they stuck the 3080 cooler on a 3090-class heat generator. So there are questions as to whether it can cope without throttle clocks or ramping the fans up too high too often.

Soldato
Dunno if this is actually the case though, I’d need to watch maybe the GN review and tear-down of the 3080Ti FE and see what they say.

I do know that my 3080 FE doesn’t get above 78deg or 92 for the vram as it seems to hit the 310w power limit first. The highest fan rpm I think I’ve seen is about 2000rpm.

so maybe the Ti is similar and it hits the top of the power budget before any issues with cooling come into affect.

dunno!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Aaah understood makes sense what you say.

;)

Oh and dont miss off it released months and months after the 3090. Everyone would have had tons of gaming time and paid off half the card at least before the Ti even showed face.

Generally the Ti and Super cards were the better performance on previous gens. I think nvidia lost their way in Turing and need to stop so many pointless names and keep it simple again!

Associate
Dunno if this is actually the case though, I’d need to watch maybe the GN review and tear-down of the 3080Ti FE and see what they say.

I do know that my 3080 FE doesn’t get above 78deg or 92 for the vram as it seems to hit the 310w power limit first. The highest fan rpm I think I’ve seen is about 2000rpm.

so maybe the Ti is similar and it hits the top of the power budget before any issues with cooling come into affect.

dunno!
They are good temps. Have you modified the card?

Associate
literally dropped off my 2070 super with them today, hassle free £330 towards my 3080FE so can't really complain, they were up front with what they'd resell it for so that's between them and whoever decides it's a good buy I guess.

Yes price was decent so no complaints here either. But i do think their buy price for a 3090FE is a bit weak but then again who would sell one to them when the market is ripe for re sales.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think most cards are making decent cash right now, when I bought my 3080FE I put my GTX1080 on eBay... It sold for £320. This was only a couple of weeks back.

Few drops for Germany this morning I see

Back
Top Bottom