• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Having a little play with undervolting. 900mv, it’ll happily maintain 1920 boost at just under 315w. Might try dropping the mv a bit lower whilst maintaining the
clocks

Soldato
I've undervolted and slightly underclocked my 3090FE, mainly to keep the temps lower, and the memory junction temps dropped from 100 degrees to 88 under heavy load. The fans are now hardly ever audible, and I really haven't noticed any significant performance drops.

I'd rather do that than risk opening up the card and changing the pads. Any issues, then that's what the warranty is for.

Soldato
Has anyone posted links to the thermal pad upgrades on the 3080FE, I'll get some ordered before I get back to the UK and rip it apart before I'm off out again..

Surely it's only minimal gains if any on the 3080fe, as all the memory chips are in contact with the hsf. Unless you mean stripping the the whole cooler off and upgrading all the pads/ paste?
The 3090fe is the card with high memory temps as half the memory is on the backplate and not in contact with a proper cooling surface.

Soldato
I'm quite happy with where it's at for now, I'm sure i can squeeze a bit more yet. Aiming for 1900mhz & as close to 850mv as I can get

Rob

What are you testing stability with? I've had to settle for 1800 @ 850mv to be stable on Full RTX+DLSS Games. In normal Raster games I had clocks similar to yours, maybe a little less at 1875

HRL

HRL

Soldato
What are you testing stability with? I've had to settle for 1800 @ 850mv to be stable on Full RTX+DLSS Games. In normal Raster games I had clocks similar to yours, maybe a little less at 1875

And this is why I’m glad I got the 3090FE. A light +125 on the GPU and +750 on the VRAM and still 65C, quiet and the VRAM mid 80’s typically. Stock volts and fan.

Was always a bit unsure of the 3080Ti using the 3080 cooler TBH.

Soldato
3D Mark, heaven & a few games. Can't get it stable @1900/850mv. Runs ok @ 875 though. Few hours of cyberpunk @ 4k dlss & rt. Control etc. Still a bit tweaking to do yet

Rob

Associate
I did look into them You must have an order with a minimum of 69,90€ to place your order, your current order total is 46,90€
seems excessive just for 1 cable shame cant buy it through retailers

Yes it is a bit excessive, I made my order up with some other cables I wanted so it took a bit of the sting out of it.

Associate
It's not just about your phone going beep though is it.

You just literally can't be ready to react/buy one at any time unless you do nothing. As per some posts earlier, there are numerous professions where you can't just stop what you are doing and order a graphics card.

Sure, but there are numerous professions where it would be possible too, it's not like the process takes very long. If your job involves parking yourself in front of a keyboard you're probably golden. It takes a bit on a luck so the drop doesn't land middle of yet-another--teams-review with your boss, that happened to me twice in a row but happily on 3rd go I was not presenting.

Soldato
Surely it's only minimal gains if any on the 3080fe, as all the memory chips are in contact with the hsf. Unless you mean stripping the the whole cooler off and upgrading all the pads/ paste?
The 3090fe is the card with high memory temps as half the memory is on the backplate and not in contact with a proper cooling surface.

the stock pads on the 3080 are also rubbish, I replaced mine with thermalright and my memory temps dropped 20C when gaming, in the hot summer weather I was getting throttling due to memory temps when gaming, but not now

Soldato
Why are people so readily changing thermal pads on the 3080? Does it not void the warranty? I've never done it before but I'd be nervous tinkering with something that valuable.

Back
Top Bottom