• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Lots of worriers here. It is only a graphics card lol.

My experience was that once you've added it to your cart, you get some time to finish the order.

2nd thing is checking payment details, address and probably ip address too. This is generally where it goes wrong (tried to buy another FE a while go, but didn't change details), so should be good if payment is accepted.

In hindsight, I wonder if I could have brought one today from my phone's 4G connection, even though I'm on Three's 200mb free data sim package... would've needed my login details to hand though.

Does anyone know if third party payment methods like Wise (aka TransferWise) would be accepted to buy an FE card? Its a Mastercard (debit) so in theory, this should work.
I.P. address is checked, my cousin got caught out by this.

Associate
I put my sell order in for my 3070fe last night. [snip] I already stupidly didn't sell at 800+
I've been vaguely monitoring prices from that high-street vendor of used parts, and I think (but don't have enough data) that after every drop prices go down but sometimes recover. The prices going down then sometimes recovering seems to imply caution when they have too many sellers.

While that shop as a bad reputation, I believe whether owned or franchised someone centrally figures out the prices for them. Basically betting between getting stuck with stock and not having any, but they seem to be pretty good at their betting (or used-GPU futures if you like). Of course, that high-street vendor is a notorious scalper at the best of times anyhow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know to add extra data (paid credit) to a Three data sim, which gives 200mb of data p/m? Tried to find a setting to use existing PAYG credit as data yesterday, but there doesn't seem to be one.

I suppose if I wanted to be really cheap, I could ask Three for a 2nd data sim with free data on it, and stick it in the 2nd sim card slot...

Or, would it be easier just to add £5 worth of data on a different SIM card?

Soldato
Soldato
Well tbf, nearly half this thread is people being annoyed at not getting a RTX 3080 FE, the other half is ppl polishing their new E-Peens and boasting about them :cry:. And a few who shockingly try to post helpful comments...

I'm still mostly in the 1st category.

Associate
Well tbf, nearly half this thread is people being annoyed at not getting a RTX 3080 FE, the other half is ppl polishing their new E-Peens and boasting about them :cry:. And a few who shockingly try to post helpful comments...

Can your dual SIM phone swap SIMs on the fly without a reboot? If so, then I understand the question a little better.

Soldato

It just seems a lot of hassle for an extra 25% performance over your current 3070 which is still better than what a lot of people have especially given that there will be next gen cards out at the end of the summer.

Soldato
It just seems a lot of hassle for an extra 25% performance over your current 3070 which is still better than what a lot of people have especially given that there will be next gen cards out at the end of the summer.

Maybe so, my impression was that it would probably be Q4 2022 for the 'Ampere Next' cards. Not much reason to release them earlier than then (presumably in time for RDNA 3).

I suppose the other factor, is that the RTX 3080 will probably keep it's value for longer than the RTX 3070.

Back
Top Bottom