• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
£450ish card will be £850 is it? What kind of inflation is this? Not sure what your smoking brother, but I hope Jensen ain't on that **** :cry:

It's £685 card, at today's price, which nvidia bitterly regrets.

So inflation across the globe, a supply crunch. What price are you expecting?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Who's talking about a 4070fe?

Although I do agree the 4070, will cost what a 3080 does now. Or possibly even more.
I honestly thought you was on about a 4070 all this time. Had to go back and check. My bad.

That said I can disagree that the 4070 FE will be £685 or whatever you are saying.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
mj-michael-jackson.gif

Caporegime
Exactly. Every time new gen comes out people get confused and come up with silly numbers. Short memories. The 3070 is around 2080 TI performance minus the 3gb vram and costs about a third the price...

Yep. Every damn generation. Always makes me laugh. "YoUr not gett1nG 2080TI perf for under £500, lOlS!"

The twist in the tale this time is Crypto mining . However if that becomes unprofitable for the layman/recreational miner, prices will probably be there or thereabouts where they have been before (and to be honest, even if there is still mining madness the "RRPs" will probably still be sort of sensible.

Soldato
Yep. Every damn generation. Always makes me laugh. "YoUr not gett1nG 2080TI perf for under £500, lOlS!"

The twist in the tale this time is Crypto mining . However if that becomes unprofitable for the layman/recreational miner, prices will probably be there or thereabouts where they have been before (and to be honest, even if there is still mining madness the "RRPs" will probably still be sort of sensible.

THe twist isn't crypto, we've had crypto for a while now, its more chip shortages, Rona etc, but its the cool thing to blame miners, right..

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
THe twist isn't crypto, we've had crypto for a while now, its more chip shortages, Rona etc, but its the cool thing to blame miners, right..
Yeah but crypto works in cycles. Demand goes up when there is a bull market. At the moment it looks like the bear market is entering and if it is the case for the next gen launch I doubt many bedroom miners will buy them with the rising electricity prices.

Associate
Mining doesn't effect mrsp. Which is why the fe cards offer good value. The 3080 fe would easily over £700 be the end of the year, purely down to manufacturing cost increases.

The 40xx will not be as good value.

Caporegime

It definitely is mostly due to crypto mining.

Yes we've had crypto for years, but it's due to the fact that profitibilty sky rocketed, meaning you could get a ROI in a few months.

At the height of this, GPUs were basically free for goodness sake!

I guarantee you that once profitibilty for the recreational/home miners dissapears/becomes insignificant, the gpu market will get back to normal again.

Caporegime
It definitely is mostly due to crypto mining.

Yes we've had crypto for years, but it's due to the fact that profitibilty sky rocketed, meaning you could get a ROI in a few months.

At the height of this, GPUs were basically free for goodness sake!

I guarantee you that once profitibilty for the recreational/home miners dissapears/becomes insignificant, the gpu market will get back to normal again.

Nah the market is never going back to the way it was. By that, I mean the days where you could buy a halo card like the Titan for <£1000.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nah the market is never going back to the way it was. By that, I mean the days where you could buy a halo card like the Titan for <£1000.

Well, maybe not but then prices do increase generally due to inflation anyway.

By normal, I mean cards will start selling at rrp or thereabouts again.

Back
Top Bottom