• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
My 3080FE has coil wine, but only when it gets to 2,000 fps in menus. After setting a global limit in the nVidia control panel it’s gone.

Last edited:
Associate
Got to wonder about these GPU prices - someone was pointing out at work a couple of days ago we can order pre-builds at work with like a PNY or Palit 3060ti at a list price of around half the current price (so basically MSRP) at retail (and 2 days availability)... sadly not something we can take advantage for personal reasons.
Typically system builders lock in a price with the manufacturers, so they're not paying market prices.

I don't know what people are moaning about - PCs always seem to make a racket. I remember getting the Gainward 6800GT years ago - and when that spun up jeez it was like having Airwolf in the box

https://i.imgur.com/EBk1LMa.jpg
As someone who avoided going out for a few weeks to pay for ditching his 8800GT for an identically performing but much quieter 8800 GTS 512, I say bah and humbug! I've always hated loud PCs.

Associate
I don't hear any from mine either. But I have a theory about this, I must stress it's only a theory mind. I reckon they all whine, but that only younger people hear them. Don't know if you remember those things they were putting in places where youths hung out, because only younger people could hear those frequencies, old gits like me can't hear them.

I'm 52 and had quite a few cards in the last decade and haven't heard any coil whine from any of them, but wonder if that's because I'm an old git.
There's a Tom Scott video about exactly this, he had lots of complains about one of his videos - and he had to analyse the audio to find the problem as he couldn't hear it himself.

Soldato
If you say so.

EDIT - For the avoidance of doubt, I know why you wrote that comment, I was just glad to be warned.

Last edited:
Associate
There was a stock drop in ze fatherland today as well as Holland, might see a drop in the UK next week, they've done Saturday once or twice as well.
must have missed that - I have telegram reporting - but last cards on FE PartAlert were on the 19th (Germany and Holland) - is there another link I should be chasing ? Thanks

Caporegime
must have missed that - I have telegram reporting - but last cards on FE PartAlert were on the 19th (Germany and Holland) - is there another link I should be chasing ? Thanks

Damnit, misread the date on the bottom of the app instead of above the posting, was the 19th as you said. :o

Associate
Awesome, thank you :) I will see if a 3050 ti turns up and how it is, or try to hold out for the next gen...

My 470 really wanted an upgrade in this gen but the stock / price situation ruined it and i've moved up to 1440p so anything I would reasonably get seems to be £500+ atm.

Associate
3060Ti FE will be your best bet.
Are they a possibility? I haven't been watching the fe drops, i wasn't sure which ones still exist in the UK or not and how often they happen.

I was really thinking 12GB ram as I do keep my cards for a while. 8 seems good for 1440 now, but i wouldnt have thought so in a few years.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I was really thinking 12GB ram as I do keep my cards for a while. 8 seems good for 1440 now, but i wouldnt have thought so in a few years.

Cant comment on that mate, Im not educated enough... :cry:;)

But the cheapest FE drop (3060Ti) will be what your after unless your paying a lot more (3080Ti).

They drop about every 4 weeks if you get telegram and partalert.

Soldato
Are they a possibility? I haven't been watching the fe drops, i wasn't sure which ones still exist in the UK or not and how often they happen.

Vram is pointless the if GPU hasn’t got the grunt to run it. A 3060ti has more than enough vram.

Back
Top Bottom