• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Thanks man!

Just tried and it looks great, well better than the discord one I used.

I finally managed to grab a 3080 in the week, I happened to be on my phone at work at the time of the drop and telegram was a good 20-30secs faster for me than discord. I dont know if that meant i got one but it couldnt have hurt.

Soldato
I finally managed to grab a 3080 in the week, I happened to be on my phone at work at the time of the drop and telegram was a good 20-30secs faster for me than discord. I dont know if that meant i got one but it couldnt have hurt.

Nice, congrats :)

Telegram is way faster than Discord for me too.

Associate
Sucks even more that the 3070 uses a single 8 pin to 12 pin connector, in which case it could have just had a single 8 pin on the card.
One saving grace is that the connector is more slimline than the chunky regular PCIe extra power connector so you don't need so much clearance above the GPU.

Actually RTX 3070 Fe connector literally has only 8 pins connected, the rest have these plastic pins hooked to the adaptor. I thought I broke it when I bent the adaptor but it was just the plastic pins coming off the connector.

Associate
I'd highly recommend telegram for Founder Edition drops.
I used both desktop and mobile versions of Telegram. The mobile version is usually 3-5 seconds faster, so stick with the phone app.

Telegram is the way to go, managed to get 2 3080’s and a 3090 using this. Still need to be quick checking out and definitely need an account set up.

Associate
How were you able to get multiple FE cards? Would love to pick up a 3060 for my dad

Just luck really. Got my 1st 3080 for me on the 2nd drop using my account and cc but was sent to my dads address as I had just moved out. 2nd one I got for a m8 using PayPal and was sent to my new address so it slipped though. The 3090 I got for my brother in law but using his details.

I tried to get a 3060ti to mine on but can’t unless I use all new details name, address, cc and ip address. Could ask a friend but seems more hassle then it’s worth at this point.

Permabanned
Just luck really. Got my 1st 3080 for me on the 2nd drop using my account and cc but was sent to my dads address as I had just moved out. 2nd one I got for a m8 using PayPal and was sent to my new address so it slipped though. The 3090 I got for my brother in law but using his details.

I tried to get a 3060ti to mine on but can’t unless I use all new details name, address, cc and ip address. Could ask a friend but seems more hassle then it’s worth at this point.

Did you get one for your sister and also your brothers friend, cough!

Soldato
3090 delivered today along with a psu, mobo, ram, ssd and cooler.

Cpu and case coming tomorrow.

No reason for this post other than I'm all excited and want to tell a bunch of randoms on the internet. :D

Associate
Did you get one for your sister and also your brothers friend, cough!

Nope I got one for myself that I sold after 6 months, m8 sold his after 4 months and brother in law just wanted one to sell for profit. If you don’t have anything useful to add then don’t bother m8.

Back
Top Bottom