• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Would have kept the 3080 mate. Far superior for the other features. NVENC, RT cores etc and Resale better on Nvidia cards.

Thats pretty much why I went Nvidia this round, while the AMD cards are fast, and have more RAM, there Nvidia cards have more mature 'other' features..
I'll be keeping my 3080 for a while yet, my previous card (not counting my temp 3060Ti) was an RX580 and before that an R9-270x so I'm not really bothered what comes out in the next generation or 2..

Caporegime
Would have kept the 3080 mate. Far superior for the other features. NVENC, RT cores etc and Resale better on Nvidia cards.

image.png

Opinions are like ****holes m8, everyone has one ;)

Associate
I get through to the buy the 3080Ti but it denies my order every time used different bank cards, addresses even my girlfriends account all denied getting on my bloody nerves.

Using my mobile internet, as it's blocking my home internet, my brother going to buy the 3080Ti after work see if that bloody works he's at a different address, internet, bank card so see if he get's denied.

Stupid how hard it is to buy a FE card, must have been blocking my mobile internet too......

Last edited:
Soldato
As a 3090FE owner for 18 months, I don’t. I always expected a Titan rather than a 3090Ti but there’s no difference really, and I’m not bothered in the slightest.

Most people have been running their 3090’s with similar speeds as the 3090Ti anyway, couldn’t see any point in “upgrading” to the Ti.

Exactly, you have been gaming on a very high end card during a pandemic using it for 18 months for some high quality gaming - and it still stacks up against the 3090ti, literally no difference you'd actually experience between them. Just one you could have 18 months before the latter.

I'll be up for a 4000 series card, but I do wonder from the scalping prices what the next cards will cost. Though recession coming and living costs up for everyone, mining profitability from new cards will be a key factor in what they charge this time round.

Associate
Dude it's been in stock for 2 days it'll be there lol.

Nope brother can't buy the 3080Ti either what a joke, he's still trying.
Wow he bought the 3080Ti FE only took him a hour messing about will get tomorrow yeah.

Still buying 4080 with a new rig sometime late next year, won't be in so much of a hurry now, 3080Ti is good enough at 3440x1440 with Alienware 34"' OLED.

Last edited:
Caporegime
But.. but the 3090 never was good value to begin with :p:cry:

That’s nothing mate, the kick in the teeth and shaft up the backside will come in 6 or so months when nvidia release the 4070/80 where 3090 Ti performance will be had for around one third of the price with better ray tracing to boot :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't forget the silly logic too.... nvidia clearly didn't think the 3090 was good enough hence the release of the ti model..... :o :cry:

Associate
As a 3090FE owner for 18 months, I don’t. I always expected a Titan rather than a 3090Ti but there’s no difference really, and I’m not bothered in the slightest.

Most people have been running their 3090’s with similar speeds as the 3090Ti anyway, couldn’t see any point in “upgrading” to the Ti.

It's just fomo.

As you say there's not a night and day difference. It doesn't look like I'll be buying one as not had one bit of interest in my 3090. I'd have only done it if the cost to change was a couple of hundred pounds.

I'll have members market access soon enough so would probably have more luck when new cards arrive and it's time to sell parts...

Associate
It's just fomo.

As you say there's not a night and day difference. It doesn't look like I'll be buying one as not had one bit of interest in my 3090. I'd have only done it if the cost to change was a couple of hundred pounds.

I'll have members market access soon enough so would probably have more luck when new cards arrive and it's time to sell parts...
Where are you selling it? If there's no interest then the problem is the price. You'll probably get the most money for it on eBay where a used 3090 FE sells for £1200-£1400, and they have an 80% off selling fee promotion this weekend.

Associate
Where are you selling it? If there's no interest then the problem is the price. You'll probably get the most money for it on eBay where a used 3090 FE sells for £1200-£1400, and they have an 80% off selling fee promotion this weekend.

He want's a cheap upgrade to the 3090Ti probably asking £1500+ for 3090 FE, isn't going to happen can try though lol.

Received my 3080Ti FE today had no problem's with my small case just want to undervolt to get temps down, wish I had a newer CPU to get the most out of it.

Last edited:
Associate
He want's a cheap upgrade to the 3090Ti probably asking £1500+ for 3090 FE, isn't going to happen can try though lol.

Received my 3080Ti FE today had no problem's with my small case just want to undervolt to get temps down, wish I had a newer CPU to get the most out of it.
Seems like a bad idea trying to sell it above market value when next gen cards aren't far off, prices will likely keep going down while he is waiting.

Back
Top Bottom