31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz VA G-Sync - LG 32GK850G

Soldato
I find this a great site to use to check sizes before buying;

http://www.displaywars.com/31,5-inch-16x9-vs-34-inch-21x9

edit - Although narrower it turns out it has a higher squared area than the 34" UW.

Going by that link it looks like i would need something like a 38 UW or 36+ inches of regular 16:9 compared to what i have now to really feel a difference. Problem however looking at it on a website is you don't really feel the difference until the screen is in front of you. Good thing its going to be a while before i have the cash for a new monitor anyway so i can make up my mind :p

Associate
A week in, and ive really settled with the screen - really happy with my purchase, and think id really struggle to go back to 27 inch now.
Ordered on the bank holiday Monday, arrived Tuesday 1pm, awesome OCUK service as usual. I have to say, this screen is very nice. It's going to take a while for me to settle on 32" coming from a 23" and 27".
No dead pixels, just a beautiful display and G-SYNC, impressed! I'll be wall mounting it soon as it sits too close on my 60cm desk.

What are your brightness, contrast etc. settings?

Last edited:
Associate
I am going to upgrade soon, but as of now I have a GTX 970.
Would it be a mistake getting this monitor before the GPU upgrade?

Caporegime
Would it be a mistake getting this monitor before the GPU upgrade?

Mate of mine has a 27" 1440p Acer with Gsync and just about gets by, some games are better than others. Personally I'd take the plunge and run stuff at Medium settings for a while, make Gsync earn it's money with the lows ;)

Associate
Hey Guys,

Had the monitor for a few months now, All Ok hardware wise but the OSD menu is appearing every few hours to remind me I'm using a display port cable. I'm not the only one with this issue just an FYI.

Associate
More Like July - but might be late July into LG warehouse so Early August into the channel (OCUK most likely!) - was June but slight delay
1. Any chance there were changes to the specs of the LG34GK950G?
2. Is august a good estimation for when it will be released in the USA?
3. Any insight on the price in the USA?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom